+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 200 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

all checked ok and switched off ok too. Might have saved the old girl.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Started testing programs.. jriver didnt work so had to find another download of 21, which i eventually found on their wiki page. Found a licence no in emails so its up for now. Hp assist didnt work so deleted it. Could be a lot of this, or ive maybe picked on the bad 2 straight away
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Check the HP site. There could be a later install there. I've had to do the same in the past.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Cheers, i will.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Plugged printer in and it just worked from windows driver, so a result there. Kindle, foobar and calibre ebook manager all work. Itunes needs updating...not too disasterous so far
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

That one seems ok now. Ive done another problem win 7 one that was an old vista. seems to be working now, but had a lot of trouble getting the download to work, continually saying it was corrupted. Finally cleared all old win update files and temp files, and got it eventually. This is really, or was only used for streaming music occasionally, but this might give it a new lease of life. an old acer laptop
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I like Acers. That's what I try to buy when I can. Got three and an old HP. All working well.

One of them is a tiny Acer Veriton. Might have a play at using it for music. Not sure the best way to go about it yet.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I like Acers. That's what I try to buy when I can. Got three and an old HP. All working well.

One of them is a tiny Acer Veriton. Might have a play at using it for music. Not sure the best way to go about it yet.
    pop foobar 2000 on and a few select addons of your choice. it can stream wirelessly via bubble to a chromecast dongle dac for example and its not half bad. or you can just stick a usb dac on end and use that. Wasapi out or asio are best to get better sound and control. add ons for that too. Ive got a hrt streamer on this one for local streaming and it can bubble upnp down to either of my chromecasts via a tablet of phone. its not the best looking etc but its basically free bar the bubble app
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Been further testing the toshiba that went to win 10. It seems fine and stable. A bit quicker than 7 too. Everything ive tried seems to be working well too so far. Not fully tested the acer yet. Some good disability features too make it easier to use. Dont use lappies so much but it gives me the option again, upstairs or down.
    All my ebook readers and programs up to date too now so job well done.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

The right click seems to be playing up on my pc - Lenovo touch screen.
    Basically the right click mouse options flicker and disappear instantly or dont show at all.
    I get the same when I click on the show icons, nothing shows.
    I've tried to copy a url but the right click option to paste etc wont show.

changed the battery in the mouse - no change.
    changed the remote mouse for wired - no change.

Shift option on the keyboard now brings up a task manager box
    changed the batteries in the keyboard - no change either.

All a bit odd and random - stops but then it starts playing up again suddenly
    Any help would be much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread