+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 200 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

In control panel, you may have Canon as default, but when you click print, something else could be selected, for example print to pdf.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

No. Print goes to printer.

I'll do the software and driver update later, bit busy at moment.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Done all that, still no printing even though the printer acts as though it's printing and feeds paper through.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

The printer doesn't produce a test sheet either, it just comes out blank. I may just buy another printer, assuming that will work. I can't think of anything further to do with the PC to try and no settings were changed before the problem arose.

I'm Alex.

Perhaps try printer on another PC
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Perhaps try printer on another PC
    I'll give it a try on the wife's PC later.

I'm Alex.

A different USB port may be worth a try
    Spendorman

I'm Lawrence.

A test print should be independent of the computer, it should be in the firmware on the printer. If it's blank Google the model name and blank test sheet. Normally it would be out of ink but most modern printers warn you and many refuse to print until you buy a new toner.

I remember many years ago I used to shake the toners at work on 2 or 3 occasions before they finally gave up the ghost and the printing was too faded. Printer manufacturers prefer to force you to buy a new one these days.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    A test print should be independent of the computer, it should be in the firmware on the printer. If it's blank Google the model name and blank test sheet. Normally it would be out of ink but most modern printers warn you and many refuse to print until you buy a new toner.

I remember many years ago I used to shake the toners at work on 2 or 3 occasions before they finally gave up the ghost and the printing was too faded. Printer manufacturers prefer to force you to buy a new one these days.
    Good point, I missed this, the printer not printing a test page, with my printer, I just have to hold the power button down for about 15 sec to print a test page.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

I see Microsoft Edge has serreptitiously installed itself on my Windows 10 PC. Very sneaky, I didn't ask for it!

+ Reply to Thread