+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 200 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

How about trying System Restore, that is if it was turned on and restore points made.

Avast free still works on XP, that with Zone Alarm free firewall should be good.

Linux Mint Mate should suit an old laptop that was running XP.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    How about trying System Restore, that is if it was turned on and restore points made.

Avast free still works on XP, that with Zone Alarm free firewall should be good.
    Hi Alex, I'll have a look at system restore, I was going to use Avast free as I use it on my tablet , thank you
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Alex.

I've been using XP regularly on one of my PC's (with precautions taken) up till a few days ago. More and more things are dropping support for XP, so pretty well I've stopped using it. For example, I cannot log onto my energy providers website with XP.

My main machine has W10 LTSC with Shutup10 and W10 debloater on it, and Linux Mint 19.3 on a second drive.
    Last edited by spendorman; 29-12-2019 at 14:52.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

I have also been unable to access certain sites,if I can connect again on the laptop could I download windows 10?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I have also been unable to access certain sites,if I can connect again on the laptop could I download windows 10?
    You can download W10 legally free. It will not be activated, but it will be perfectly usable. The thing is it will probably run slow on an old XP machine. Do you have the spec of the machine?
    Spendorman

I'm James.

It's a Samsung , R519 other than that I dont know the spec, maybe it's time to upgrade or just stick with the tablet

I'm Alex.

I'll look it up now
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

This one

https://mobilespecs.net/laptop/Samsu...sung_R519.html

It's a dual core, I reckon It should work with W10.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Cheers Alex, I'll try the system restore tomorrow, currently under attack from a 3yr old

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Cheers Alex, I'll try the system restore tomorrow, currently under attack from a 3yr old
    Solution is easy, get the 3yr old to sort it.

You could make a Linux Mint bootable USB stick and try running the laptop from there. Pretty easy.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread