+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronics course

I'm James.

Default Electronics course

Can anyone recommend any good online electronics courses or websites/Youtube for beginners.

I have some basic understanding and I am not wanting to become an amplifier designer but I would like to be able to repair and build equipment with some sort of competency.

I don't want to become just a "Garage builder " with the knowledge to know how to stuff a board. I would like to get to a slightly higher level with an ability to identify and repair problems as well as maybe knock up the odd bit of kit.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

local college may be able to steer you jim
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    local college may be able to steer you jim
    Good shout thanks Grant.

Just found good site called future learn but narrowing down the type of electronics course I would like to involve myself in is a bit tricky. Not sure if I would really like to learn how to power a satellite or learn how digital electronics are used in railway systems engineering.

My interest would be quite narrowly focused on electronics applicable to audio engineering.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Lawrence.

Are evening classes still a thing? My dad did woodwork when I was a bairn and made a nice big dining table and benches at the end.

I'm Kevin.

Doug Self has a book that could be useful?
    It is all about Audio Electrical Engineering.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Doug Self has a book that could be useful?
    It is all about Audio Electrical Engineering.
    I will take a look Kev, thanks.

I'm Martin.

I did a City & Guilds in Electronics - starts with basics, then learning soldering and making up a circuit from a diagram.

Night school one evening a week at the FE college

Don't know if they still do that, it was thirty years ago. But that's where you have to start and it's a long way from there to being able to fault find and repair.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I did a City & Guilds in Electronics - starts with basics, then learning soldering and making up a circuit from a diagram.

Night school one evening a week at the FE college

Don't know if they still do that, it was thirty years ago. But that's where you have to start and it's a long way from there to being able to fault find and repair.
    I will check out the colleges local to me. I fancy doing an electronics course as a retirement hobby to keep the old brain working and learn a new skill.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I will check out the colleges local to me. I fancy doing an electronics course as a retirement hobby to keep the old brain working and learn a new skill.
    It's a good idea.

You can fix some of my stuff once you're up to speed
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Allen.

My brain never got out of first gear , I was at the back of the queue when they were dished out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast