+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 200 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I got fed up with AVG and Avast pop ups, went to Bitdefender.
    I'll see how it goes, there are plenty of other options. I may turn AVG off in a week or two and see if Defender works again, it didn't want to start up today.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'll see how it goes, there are plenty of other options. I may turn AVG off in a week or two and see if Defender works again, it didn't want to start up today.
    I'd always want something other than Defender as I don't trust Microsoft!
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Just accepted the big Windows update/upgrade (can't remember the number). I notice Outlook is working properly now, pages were loading a bit erratically. I'll have to check out Defender, as I've been temporarily using AVG 'cos Defender developed issues, which may have been sorted now.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Still on Windows 10 LTSC here, I can do without feature updates.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Still on Windows 10 LTSC here, I can do without feature updates.
    So could I, but it stops it pestering me.

I'm Grant.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎06/‎12/‎2020
    OS build 19042.867
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

seems fine but the fan has been a bit more active... might be a issue of the last update
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Yeah, that's the one, 20H2.

Not spotted any quirks yet and as I said, it's fixed Outlook.

I'm Alex.

I'm afraid I'm still on Outlook 2007, possibly a security risk!
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

In Windows 10 Autoplay doesn't work any more. Plugging in a USB memory stick should give option of what to do with it. I had the same in XP some years ago.

Any simple answer? I've tried a few things that I found on the internet, but none so far have worked.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

In Windows 10 Autoplay doesn't work any more. Plugging in a USB memory stick should give option of what to do with it. I had the same in XP some years ago.

Any simple answer? I've tried a few things that I found on the internet, but none so far have worked.
    I had that happen with XP. Seem to recall there was a fix on the Microsoft site back then.

+ Reply to Thread