+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 200 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I also use Malwarebytes Premium, with Zone Alarm firewall and Avast free antivirus. All three are active on my PC. Additional occasional manual scans are done with ESET online scanner, Superantispyware and Emsisoft emergency kit. Shutup10 and Debloat10 control W10!
    lol, i used to use multiples but now just mwb as it does anti virus too. i dont really go anywhere bad anyway... but mwb sometimes block a potential site or 2
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Many years ago Zone Alarm firewall was recommended to me by the main IT guy at BAE Systems, a very nice guy, sadly inflicted with a disease that progressively eroded his brain capacity. Some time ago wondered why he did not email me much, he said that he could barely remember how too. Sadly, he's gone now.

Of all the PC protection/ scanning tools that I've tried, the one that impresses me a lot is the free ESET online scanner. It seems so thorough.

https://www.eset.com/uk/home/online-scanner/
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Microsoft support for Windows 7 ended on the 14th (supposedly), but I've received security updates each day since.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andre.

I did a fresh installation of W7 on new SSD a few months ago.. I love W7, hated everything that came after..

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just ordered this W10 Acer PC to tide me over until I install W10 on my main (W7) PC.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspi...53.m2749.l2649

Not the fastest processor in the world, but should do the job, I won't be watching movies or playing games. The price looked fair for the spec (wanted built in Wi-Fi) and the seller has decent feedback.

(I have a W10 O/S install DVD on the way too, to try on one of the other computers)
    Well this went back and I got a refund.

An alternative just arrived this afternoon:

It was cheap enough and the spec adequate for the wife to use in the living room.

But, when unpacked there was something heavy loose inside, turned out to be the DVD drive, obviously jarred free in transit.

I spoke to the seller and he suggested laying the PC so the disc drive lies clear of anything else and firing it up. I did and everything works fine including the WiFi (not tested the disc drive as it's out of line with the slot).

I'll remount the drive and keep this PC. Not worth all the aggro of sending back, it was cheap and does everything I need. Seems really quick too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

One of my old laptops is now got vertical lines and a haze all over screen. Taking it as the graphics card has maybe gone. It's old so maybe time to put it to sleep
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Never got on with laptops. The screens are too small for my dodgy eyesight and I hate touchpads.

I'm Grant.

I use an external mouse. Screen is OK as I'm near enough it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Windows has a built in magnifier. Go into settings > Change PC Settings>Ease of access>Magnifier..

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Windows has a built in magnifier. Go into settings > Change PC Settings>Ease of access>Magnifier..
    I know, but prefer a desktop with a bigger screen. Current screen is 22", but I want a bigger one.

+ Reply to Thread