+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 200 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Mint 20 is relatively new, only trouble I had was running Wine, possibly my ignorance, but I didn't have that problem using Mint 19.3.

Mind you early on in 19.3 I had one or two other issues. I suppose it's like anything else, teething problems, sorted out after the release.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

My broadband is behaving now, it's been dropping out or freezing on and off for hours. Seems to happen now and then mostly on Sundays, wonder if that's a maintenance day?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

My Talktalk contract for standard copper broadband and phone was just ending, was paying £26 per month inclusive, renewal was £29 per month.

Upgrading to standard fibre was £28 per month, so I went with that.

It was done this morning, everything went off for a few minutes, then all OK.

Speed is about the max they quote for this package. 35Mbps down and 10 Mbps up.

Pretty happy, so far!
    Spendorman

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    My broadband is behaving now, it's been dropping out or freezing on and off for hours. Seems to happen now and then mostly on Sundays, wonder if that's a maintenance day?
    More likely Everyman, child and dog streaming stuff and the bandwidth at exchange being hit and so the throttling software comes into play and turns down what is available to you, a bit like turning down everyone’s cold water tap at the same time.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm James.

Evening all, I have a Samsung tablet that's been a right pain int arse,on some sites the screen is very jerky and it takes an age to use the onscreen keys, for example if I want to type James,each letter can take up to 5 seconds to appear on screen also it's very hard to scroll the screen I've deleted history, deleted saved data and tried a different internet launch app, any ideas? Oddly I have no issues on here ta Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Evening all, I have a Samsung tablet that's been a right pain int arse,on some sites the screen is very jerky and it takes an age to use the onscreen keys, for example if I want to type James,each letter can take up to 5 seconds to appear on screen also it's very hard to scroll the screen I've deleted history, deleted saved data and tried a different internet launch app, any ideas? Oddly I have no issues on here ta Jim
    Sounds like your tablet could do with a full refresh. Back up all your apps, data, favourites etc using say Samsung Cloud or Google, perhaps both. Then factory reset and then restore. I always find things become snappier after a full refresh.

Or try one of the many tuning apps. Sometimes things can get better that way.

You may find everything is already backed up.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Sounds like your tablet could do with a full refresh. Back up all your apps, data, favourites etc using say Samsung Cloud or Google, perhaps both. Then factory reset and then restore. I always find things become snappier after a full refresh.

Or try one of the many tuning apps. Sometimes things can get better that way.

You may find everything is already backed up.

§
    Ta Edward, did a factory reset,
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Ta Edward, did a factory reset,
    All OK?

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    All OK?

§
    Seems to be fine now, not jerky at all, touch wood

I'm Geoff.

That'll teach me. I ran some old Windows 7 maintenance apps and a few functions in Windows 10 stopped working. Did a reset from Microsoft (not system restore) and all seems OK now, but all documents and images are lost. Fortunately nothing critical and I have stuff saved up to about eight months ago. Been at it for hours and still have software to locate and install, plus all my regular websites. Won't do that again!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread