+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 200 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

I settled on the 'Classic Style' start menu.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Installed it and left on default style.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I settled on the 'Classic Style' start menu.
    I don't think I would use windows 10 without it. Also essential for me, Shutup10.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Well that was a little concerning, my internet, landline and mobile access all packed up at once. Fortunately it all started working again after about half an hour. Weird that the mobile packed up at the same time, seeing as the network has nothing to do with the landline.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well that was a little concerning, my internet, landline and mobile access all packed up at once. Fortunately it all started working again after about half an hour. Weird that the mobile packed up at the same time, seeing as the network has nothing to do with the landline.
    My landline/ internet went of a few days ago for about 10 minutes, I suppose it had nothing to do with Opencircuit (Openreach) digging a hole a few houses away!
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    My landline/ internet went of a few days ago for about 10 minutes, I suppose it had nothing to do with Opencircuit (Openreach) digging a hole a few houses away!
    I had similar thoughts and actually went outside to see if Openreach might be working nearby. They weren't.

I'm Alex.

Doing nothing much for the last few days, too hot for me, just relaxing, watching a lot of YouTube. This afternoon noticed an unusual noise in the room, was coming from the PC. It was so hot in the room (over 30 Deg C) that the PC fans had sped up to keep the machine cool. This has never happened before. Stopped watching YouTube and soon after that the fans slowed down to normal.

Conclusion: It’s hot here and the computer fans are doing their job!
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

My PC has been the same. I've been turning it off now and then.

I'm Alex.

Used this to monitor temperatures

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    Spendorman

I'm Steve.

WTF is going on?

Last week my laptop woke up one morning and decided that with AoS it couldn't be arsed refreshing the pages for me. Used to be that just leaving a page and going back to it did the trick. Now I have to actually press the 'refresh' button to see what's current, or I've no idea what's read/unread. What next, my live-in arse wiper going on strike? As if life isn't already a battle
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread