Page 177 of 200 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Grant.

Did it update itself
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

It dose that frequently, at least once a month. I'll go to power off, and I get options, including 'update and shut down'. I choose this, and when I turn it back on next day it makes me wait several minutes 'configuring Windows updates', whatever that means. The other day it took almost an hour. Every time it does an update something changes in the way it works.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It dose that frequently, at least once a month. I'll go to power off, and I get options, including 'update and shut down'. I choose this, and when I turn it back on next day it makes me wait several minutes 'configuring Windows updates', whatever that means. The other day it took almost an hour. Every time it does an update something changes in the way it works.
    yes there is a new version awaiting download on my ones. i have them on pospone updates and just keep adding a few weeks... im waiting until all the troubles are gone first.. so thanks steve for being brave enough to risk the big download mate
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

It's not bravery Grant, just blind ignorance. Anita is always shouting at me for not doing update - she says no wonder I get pop-ups etc, it's because I don't keep up with this stuff Damned if you do, damned if you don't!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It's not bravery Grant, just blind ignorance. Anita is always shouting at me for not doing update - she says no wonder I get pop-ups etc, it's because I don't keep up with this stuff Damned if you do, damned if you don't!
    you get pop ups coz you dont have a security program... windows main updates are different. they always screw up some folks pcs at first, and im not keen on it being mine. looks like its been ok on yours. no blue screen, wifi down etc. they have been bringing out fixes so its maybe safe now.
    buy a decent security system like malwarebytes.. it'll save you a lot of troubles
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I keep my W10 PC on pause updates. Gives Microsoft a week to patch any disasters.

Shame W7 and XP ceased to be viable. Must try Linux again, I wonder if installing printers has become easier?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Hmm, rather puts my 110GB SSD in the shade: https://www.techradar.com/news/heres...-on-the-market
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm, rather puts my 110GB SSD in the shade: https://www.techradar.com/news/heres...-on-the-market
    Would take me a lifetime to fill!

I tend to use 500 GB SSDs with mechanical drives for backup and extra storage.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I keep my W10 PC on pause updates. Gives Microsoft a week to patch any disasters.

Shame W7 and XP ceased to be viable. Must try Linux again, I wonder if installing printers has become easier?
    I think multifunction machines are sometimes problematic in Linux, I have no problem running my ancient HP Laserjet 6L and ancient Canon scanner in Linux Mint. In fact I had and still have problems running both these devices in Windows 10.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Yes, Mint was the last Linux I tried a couple of years ago. I may try it again on a tiny 32 bit Acer Revo I have sitting doing nothing.

+ Reply to Thread