+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 200 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I see Microsoft Edge has serreptitiously installed itself on my Windows 10 PC. Very sneaky, I didn't ask for it!
    Probably snuck in with automatic updates?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Lawrence.

There's probably a well hidden option to not install it. I suspect if you look at the updates it comes under optional updates.

If you've got windows set to automatically download and install updates you won't get that list to choose from, I have mine set to manual just got that reason.

I could have sworn the EU made Microsoft not automatically install their browser on machines but that was probably just not pre installed or mandatory on new Windows installs, they will find any way around it they can. You will have opted in with automatic updates.

I'm Geoff.

I have it set to only install important updates, anything else has to be selected. I don't see a browser option as an important update, maybe they think otherwise. Outlook has been badgering me with a header constantly offering Edge, maybe they took the proactive route. I can always uninstall it as I don't need it, my web browser has been Maxthon Cloud for years.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I see Microsoft Edge has serreptitiously installed itself on my Windows 10 PC. Very sneaky, I didn't ask for it!
    pretty decent browser
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Default Unzipping

Good afternoon, I have been sent some firmware to try and iron out some bugs on my novafidelity x40. The firmware comes from the manufacturer in Korea. I have to unzip it and put it on a USB stick and transfer it to the x40. I'm using a Samsung tablet and apparently I dont have an app to open this kind of file, any suggestions preferably free ones ta Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Alex.

I know almost nothing about tablets and Android, a quick Google resulted in this

https://www.lifewire.com/unzip-files-on-android-4178981

If I had to do it, would probably send the Zip file to a Windows PC and unzip it there.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Not a disaster, had great fun automatically colouring 1930's black and white photos of my parents.

Free. Pretty good results.

https://palette.fm/
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I know almost nothing about tablets and Android, a quick Google resulted in this

https://www.lifewire.com/unzip-files-on-android-4178981

If I had to do it, would probably send the Zip file to a Windows PC and unzip it there.
    Ta for that Alex, I did try with our old laptop that runs xp, oh dear,the poor thing seemed very confused. I'll give the link you gave a go if not I'll ask my niece to do it, thanks Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Alex.

I would have thought that an XP machine should be fine for doing what you want.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I would have thought that an XP machine should be fine for doing what you want.
    Well it hasnt been fired up for quite a while,security updates no longer available which it seemed enthusiastic about informing me, anything else was painfully slow or just unresponsive. I eventually got the file to download but couldnt rename it and it wouldnt recognise the USB,bit tired I reckon

+ Reply to Thread