I'm Alex.

Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Tried all of it, no go, I give up!

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Odd, even after trying the suggestions made by thegeekpage which seem most comprehensive.

I assume you have changed the action under Removable Drive to another action to see if that sticks and if so then change it back to the action you want? Sometimes just toggling an option will force a change.

Of course you can do a reset - with the option of retaining your files/documents etc. But that seems to a massive overstretch for just a small niggle. I suspect the issue you have is a global setting somewhere which is overriding the action in some way.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Odd, even after trying the suggestions made by thegeekpage which seem most comprehensive.

I assume you have changed the action under Removable Drive to another action to see if that sticks and if so then change it back to the action you want? Sometimes just toggling an option will force a change. Yes, tried that

Of course you can do a reset - with the option of retaining your files/documents etc. But that seems to a massive overstretch for just a small niggle. I suspect the issue you have is a global setting somewhere which is overriding the action in some way.
    Agreed, hammer to crack a nut!
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

did you 'Reset all Defaults'? Very bottom of Autoplay in Control Panel.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    did you 'Reset all Defaults'? Very bottom of Autoplay in Control Panel.
    Yes, thank you, no luck though!
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Got Autoplay working.

First time I used the Registry fix that's here, I did not rename the new term correctly, rectified that, and Autoplay is now working.

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-autoplay...in-windows-10/

Thanks to all for your input.

I hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
    Spendorman

I'm Alan.

I got so fucked off with windoze years ago that I changed to Linux based computing. Laptop is a chromebook.

Nothing but nothing would ever persuade me to go back.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I got so fucked off with windoze years ago that I changed to Linux based computing. Laptop is a chromebook.

Nothing but nothing would ever persuade me to go back.
    Linux can have its problems too! I have three desktops running here, Two with Linux Mint 20.1 and one with Windows 10 LTSC / shutup10 on it.

Recently one of the Mint machines was upgraded to 20.1, the Wi-Fi adapter would not work properly.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Since yesterday's W10 update, I've had the Windows Newsfeed stuck in my taskbar. I got rid of it, but they've got a damn cheek cluttering my PC with unwanted and unsolicited resource eating crap!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread