+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 200 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Geoff.

I clear browser cache every morning (and do 'disk cleanup').
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I'm attempting time travel... Well trying to update to win 10 1903 update.. Over 4 damn hrs so far..

Still it looks to be close to success or dismal failure.
    I usually wait several months but thought I'd try it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Warp 10.5. Seems to be working. So far. Will know more tomorrow
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I'm attempting time travel... Well trying to update to win 10 1903 update.. Over 4 damn hrs so far..

Still it looks to be close to success or dismal failure.
    I usually wait several months but thought I'd try it
    Some cool new features in 1903.

I'll give it a go as well - on a VM and if that works easily I'll do it on some other machines.

4 hours to download or 4 hours to update?

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Warp 10.5. Seems to be working. So far. Will know more tomorrow
    What is Warp?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

About 4.5hrs total. Download was fairly quick.
    It's supposed to have a test box or virtual area in it.
    So far not noticed much. But only did a couple of tests. Think u have to disconnect external drives before doing it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Yes it is the sandbox function that for me is attractive. I typically use a VM when trying out new stuff. The sandbox feature will simplify things.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Yes it is the sandbox function that for me is attractive. I typically use a VM when trying out new stuff. The sandbox feature will simplify things.

§
    you'll also need to be using win 10 pro for the virtual sandybox.

also imo its more of a resource hog. mine is slower so had to switch off some performane graphics etc to get back to fast .. other thsn that it seems good
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

So I upgraded so far two win10 instances - one a VM and the other a main machine. Upgrades worked out fine. Did not time it but did not seem unduly long as compared to other major revisions.

The screens (e.g. start screen) have been tidied up. Much neater and more organised.

The sandbox feature works brilliantly. As expected it did not work in the VM due to double virtualisation. On the main machine a sandbox instance boots up fast and runs just as fast as the main machine. Network speed is depicted at 10gb (speed connection to main machine) with network protected fully from the LAN (both ways). This can explicitly be defeated by turning on network discover and file sharing. So all good.

Only basic apps provided (Internet explorer and so forth) but fine for the purpose. I may try find a way of changing the default sandbox environment (for instance to include Chrome). Closing the sandbox instance deletes any data and apps created in that session.

I can imagine using the sandbox often.

I'm Grant.

thats good Ed. the one i did is just a home edition, so no sandbox.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Got a scan with Spyware Expert running, not done one for ages. I bet it finds some naughty stuff that's sneaked in, trojans and worms and the like, it usually does and it gets rid of them too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread