+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 200 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Bit late here, only just noticed that Linux Mint 19 is out.

Downloaded and installed it on a USB stick.

Booted fine and worked really well. It even found drivers for my obscure Wi Fi card, something earlier versions did not.

Must install it on a proper hard drive.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Default Computer Disaster Corner

Was messing around this morning and got my windows 10 laptop display working on my tv wirelessly. Very handy for music programs like spotify, jriver and even my rpi ... pretty much anything on my pc screen should appear.
    Using airparrot2 via my apple box. Nice and steady pic

Standard jriver

And

Theatre view
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Best way to browse your music imo, looks great Grant.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Edward.

That looks like a nifty piece of software Grant. Whilst lots of software casts to TV and other end points the airparrot2 software looks like it can fill in the missing pieces.

Good find and certainly not a computer disaster.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

not expensive either. $13.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default Computer Disaster Corner

Another app I use is file browser.
    This is excellent and let's my phone for instance connect with my pcs router files (like Nas etc) and even volumio2 and cloud services pull the music to your phone.

Some screen shots

Plays flac

I did try to get it to connect via a program called zero tier which is supposed to work with it. A sort of tunnel vpn so i could use it in car etc, but I'm thick and couldn't work out how. Probably easy but not for me but handy as long as I'm on home network.
    Oh and it casts to chromecast and airplay and volumio. Damn good software
    Last edited by struth; 10-08-2018 at 14:03.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

After many attempts Ive cracked it. Streaming flac from my pc hdd to my iphone from anywhere i may be YAY!!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    After many attempts Ive cracked it. Streaming flac from my pc hdd to my iphone from anywhere i may be YAY!!
    Port forward? How did you cope with dynamic ip or do you have a fixed ip?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Port forward? How did you cope with dynamic ip or do you have a fixed ip?
    the app seems to handle it all.. yes a static would probably be wise in long term. just took time for me to get my head round the order and exactly what i had to do. ip etc is not my field

listening to branford marsalis off pc via data link and cast to my apple tv box and on to my actives. seemlessly at moment.
    just to see if it worked but main idea was to be able to access my music if out via phone into headphones or car stereo
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I wish my internet would make up its mind what it's doing. All day, it's been working OK for a while then dropping out for a while. I've noticed there's a lot of noise on the phone line too. I guess it'll sort itself out, it has before. This is not the first occasion.

+ Reply to Thread