+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HS2 watch and weep

I'm James.

Default HS2 watch and weep

Do you think in 20 years time or whenever they get their act together HS2 will get anywhere close to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUXW3BENjsQ
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Do you think in 20 years time or whenever they get their act together HS2 will get anywhere close to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUXW3BENjsQ
    I can't see the point of this 'luxury train'. I've travelled on their 'bullet' train whilst in Japan, and that was sufficiently fast, comfortable and efficient. If HS2 will be of similar quality that will be good enough for me.
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I can't see the point of this 'luxury train'. I've travelled on their 'bullet' train whilst in Japan, and that was sufficiently fast, comfortable and efficient. If HS2 will be of similar quality that will be good enough for me.
    Fair enough.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Martin.

The difference is that in Japan the train is always running whereas here if it's not broken down or cancelled due to the wrong type of snow or leaves on the line, the drivers are on strike because £70k a year's not enough money for them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The difference is that in Japan the train is always running whereas here if it's not broken down or cancelled due to the wrong type of snow or leaves on the line, the drivers are on strike because £70k a year's not enough money for them.
    I watch a lot of videos on Japan and they seem to be light years ahead of us in so many areas. But maybe that has always been the way - HIFI???

I'm Grant.

average is about 60k but they all do overtime at enhanced rates no doubt... bloody good money these days compared to way back
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I watch a lot of videos on Japan and they seem to be light years ahead of us in so many areas. But maybe that has always been the way - HIFI???
    Hi fi, yes. Funny thing is I don't have any Japanese-made components in any of my systems any more, or indeed anything from any Japanese hi-fi company, except for a Technics equalizer in the TV system.

They did all the best turntables IMO.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

To be fair, we all need £70k a year to make rail travel affordable.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Phil.

should this be in Abstract chat section?

Personally when i travel on German and swiss trains and see the huge investment they have made then we lag behind badly and am 100% behind HS2
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Phil.

thanks for moving this mods
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might