+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 200 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hope you're better soon Ian. Yes, the NHS are great, they saved my life last year.
    And mine a couple of years ago. Had a badly infected appendix, emergency operation. I ask the surgeon "on a scale of badness, from 1-10 where 10 was the worst you've seen, what was mine?" The answer was "A good 9" All staff at the hospital were fantastic, I sent a thank you letter to the hospital.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

What are folks using with Windows 10 as an alternative to the now defunct Adobe Flash Player?

I see a variety of options, but it would be handy to know what works well and without hassles.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    What are folks using with Windows 10 as an alternative to the now defunct Adobe Flash Player?

I see a variety of options, but it would be handy to know what works well and without hassles.
    no idea mate.. ive win 10 and have added nothing to my knowledge. its pretty much all html5 now i think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Yes, I was wondering what you needed Flash Player for, but didn't want to show my ignorance.
    Spendorman

I'm Jon.

Ok, so not really a computer disaster, but..

I decided to grab all my old PC bits & bobs and chuck them together in a system I could sell to fund more upgrades for my main rig..

Not the fastest PC on the planet, but 16GB RAM, i5 9400K & RTX2060 XC Ultra was more than enough to put a smile on the face of the child that received it as a gift from his father..

I also sold a minty RTX3060 ti for a pretty penny which added to the coffers for another 16GB of 3600MHZ RAM, a RTX3080 AMP Holo, more Nvme M.2 storage, bigger fans, an improved AIO with LCD customisable screen and fancy cabling.
    Now on to the build..

This wasn’t too much fun with a hangover from hell, but was ultimately worth the pain..

Unfortunately I’ll have to junk the case and go full hard line water cooling as I’m struggling with CPU temps when PCVR gaming with vorpX.

Bit of a pointless post as Gazjam is probably the only one here with any interest, but it’s a fun hobby and it keeps me off the streets, and poor, very very poor.

I'm Geoff.

That's handy, Windows Defender is working again. I'd been using AVG for about a year since Windows Defender mysteriously packed up. Uninstalled AVG and everything is back to normal with full protection and I won't have AVG badgering me to buy their full product.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

I've been using Bitdefender free for a couple of years, appreciate the lack of adverts to buy the paid version.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

I was using that ten years or more ago and stopped. There was a problem, but I can't recall what.

I'm Geoff.

Interestingly (or not ), when I re-activated Windows Defender, it was up to date. Obviously still installing its updates even when not in use.

I'm Geoff.

Windows 12 on the way already it seems.

https://www.techradar.com/news/windo...we-want-to-see

+ Reply to Thread