+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 200 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm Alex.

There a several ways to make a bootable usb stick.

Once done, you can run from the stick leaving the main drive as it is, or you can install to the main drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gLlSIqKwU
    Spendorman

I'm James.

[QUOTE=spendorman;1150847]Solution is easy, get the 3yr old to sort it.

That's a good idea
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Just ordered this W10 Acer PC to tide me over until I install W10 on my main (W7) PC.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspi...53.m2749.l2649

Not the fastest processor in the world, but should do the job, I won't be watching movies or playing games. The price looked fair for the spec (wanted built in Wi-Fi) and the seller has decent feedback.

(I have a W10 O/S install DVD on the way too, to try on one of the other computers)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just ordered this W10 Acer PC to tide me over until I install W10 on my main (W7) PC.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspi...53.m2749.l2649

Not the fastest processor in the world, but should do the job, I won't be watching movies or playing games. The price looked fair for the spec (wanted built in Wi-Fi) and the seller has decent feedback.

(I have a W10 O/S install DVD on the way too, to try on one of the other computers)

Has USB 3.0 and HDMI, can't be bad.

My main machine is older, has Core 2 Duo 8600 3.3 GHZ, had to add USB3.0 and HDMI.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

all sorted thanks Alex, i managed to reset Windows xp to default settings,afterwards i was instructed to do various things and to be honest i wasnt sure what i was doing!, never the less it worked and ive installed Avast free for the time being until i decide which security to purchase, cheers
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    all sorted thanks Alex, i managed to reset Windows xp to default settings,afterwards i was instructed to do various things and to be honest i wasnt sure what i was doing!, never the less it worked and ive installed Avast free for the time being until i decide which security to purchase, cheers
    Excellent.

If in addition you put say Zone Alarm free firewall and Malwarebytes free on, that should be good enough, although of course, there is a risk in using XP now.

I have just tested Avira free against Avast free antivirus to see which was the lighter in respect of system resources. Did not seem much different, stuck with Avast though.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Avast is fine. You don't need to pay for antivirus. In fact, there's perfectly good free software for just about every purpose.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Excellent.

If in addition you put say Zone Alarm free firewall and Malwarebytes free on, that should be good enough, although of course, there is a risk in using XP now.

I have just tested Avira free against Avast free antivirus to see which was the lighter in respect of system resources. Did not seem much different, stuck with Avast though.
    Well would you bloody believe it, I decided on buying TotalAV internet security £20, it will not install, I've had this before with a couple of others, I've emailed and asked for a refund and will be installing Avast free and the other things you have suggested. I'm due for a new phone, bugger that I cant do wi faf happy new year and thanks for taking the time to help, Jim

I'm Alex.

If I'm correct, min requirements are W7 plus service pack 1: https://my.totalav.com/support/artic...m-requirements
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    If I'm correct, min requirements are W7 plus service pack 1: https://my.totalav.com/support/artic...m-requirements
    There seemed to be an issue with net framework 3.0, it said it wasn't installed so it Installed and then said it was already running, I give up,free stuff it is

+ Reply to Thread