+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

I'm Bernardo.

Cool Hello!

Hello all you audioholics!

I’m Bernardo and come from Lisbon, Portugal but now live in the green and pleasant land that is the UK!

I’ve been avidly scanning the AoS forums for some time now and just decided to start being a bit active!

I’m in the process of re-building my hi-fi kit which is currently reduced to a set of AKG K141 MKii and “ripped to WAV CDs” coming out from my old laptop… sad but true.

So the plan is to source a DAC (most probably a Caiman) and a decent set of speakers to be driven by my dad’s (indefinitely borrowed) almost 40 year old Quad 33/303 set-up (to be modded in a near future).

I’ll let you know how I get going and will post some pics soon!

All the very best!
    B

I'm Neil.

Hello Bernardo Welcome to AOS.

What kind of music do you like ?

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Confused.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bmartins View Post
    Hello all you audioholics!

I’m Bernardo and come from Lisbon, Portugal but now live in the green and pleasant land that is the UK! IMHO there's not much that is green and pleasant in London , but there again, I would say that, wouldn't I as I come from where there is lots of green an pleasant land, Yorkshire/Derbyshire border. Come up t'north sometime and see it, if you haven't already! .

So the plan is to source a DAC (most probably a Caiman) Good move - highly recommended.
    All the very best!
    B
    Hi Bernado,
    Welcome to the forum - enjoy your stay. Beiing a typically lazy arrogant Englishman who never learned to speak any other language I am always impressed when someone whose native language is not English speaks it so well - you make life too easy for us!!
    Any questions, and I do mean any, (within decency limits ), ask away.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Bernardo.

Hello D S D L and DaveK! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Music tastes: pretty much everything that sounds good and that someone made an effort to make it sound good!!! Difficult to put into categories but the main preferences are: a lot of Jazz, trip-hop (Massive Attack, Portishead, etc), downtempo-dub (Kruder & Dorfmeister, dZihan & Kamien, etc), some good old Heavy-Metal/Hard-Rock (that's early Metallica, AC-DC, early Van Halen, Placebo, etc) finally a good mix of house/drum and bass/acid jazz (deadmau5, Ronisize, Red Snapper, Prodigy, etc)…

Well, I’ve been living in the UK for some time: first Derby then Rugby now London, so starting to get the hang of all the local accents! Just! DaveK you’re a lucky man to live near the Peak District! It’s a fantastic place and I still go there to visit friends and for some walks, as often as I can!

So, for an audio update: JUST ordered a Caiman! Can’t wait to plug it in!!!!! Will give my impressions in the forum as soon as I get it!

Cheers,
    B

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by bmartins View Post
    Hello D S D L and DaveK! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Music tastes: pretty much everything that sounds good and that someone made an effort to make it sound good!!! Difficult to put into categories but the main preferences are: a lot of Jazz, trip-hop (Massive Attack, Portishead, etc), downtempo-dub (Kruder & Dorfmeister, dZihan & Kamien, etc), some good old Heavy-Metal/Hard-Rock (that's early Metallica, AC-DC, early Van Halen, Placebo, etc) finally a good mix of house/drum and bass/acid jazz (deadmau5, Ronisize, Red Snapper, Prodigy, etc)…

Well, I’ve been living in the UK for some time: first Derby then Rugby now London, so starting to get the hang of all the local accents! Just! DaveK you’re a lucky man to live near the Peak District! It’s a fantastic place and I still go there to visit friends and for some walks, as often as I can!

So, for an audio update: JUST ordered a Caiman! Can’t wait to plug it in!!!!! Will give my impressions in the forum as soon as I get it!

Cheers,
    B

You have good taste in music.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread