+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebottle Power Amplfier

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Look forward to hearing it sonetime Alan.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Jez.

It was nice to speak to you last night Alan. Thanks for ringing. I like your technique for auxiliary windings on the toroid!

I'm Alan.

Default AxolOTL Power amp circuit finalised.

Now that I have the final circuit I have costed the design. In order to achieve good SPPV I have opted for a 'plain Jane' enclosure with an input level control.

This can always be set to maximum for straight power amplifier mode.

I shall be producing one in the next few weeks to send out for trials. Initial purchase price £550.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Martin.

I am interested in this, Alan.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ben.

If there is a trial version that can be "borrowed" for a week or 2 ala your phono stage I would be very interested in having a demo please Alan.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Alan.

Hi Ben,
    I'm in the process of building the first 'proper' version then Macca is going to have the first trial.

I'm reluctant to make one as a loaner that will be passed on by post as the weight is already up to 5.7kg and it's not finished yet

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Alan.

Default Firebottle AIR power amplifier

I have decided that the name Axolotl is too long so have rechristened the amp the Firebottle AIR.
    It has been pointed out that is now sounds like it might be something from the Apple stable but as I have nothing of that ilk I am unconcerned.

The first example is complete and will be taken along to a bake off this Saturday.

Internals for those that have desire:

This build has an input level control in order to be matched to a variety of source equipment but I think I will replace it with just a mute switch.
    This is a zero feedback design so I was a little unsure of the final gain but it has worked out well.

Sensitivity is 0.75 volts (rms) for 100W into 8 ohms.

I'm James.

Looks very well built Alan - must be very expensive
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Kevin.

Add me to the list of people looking forwards to hearing this.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

Having heard this amp yesterday, all I can say is those going to NEBO are in for a treat.
    I think you are going to be a busy man.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast