+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Mike.

DietPi are working on adding it to their Distro so that should make it easier for some.

I'm Alistair.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes its an odd decision imo. I wont be going down this route thats for sure. As long as the one ive got works then it will stay as is. if and when it gets corrupted then it is alas goodbye. It is way over my head.
    Hi There Grant,

It is as simple as cut and paste but unfortunately time consuming. Took me about 4 hours on a PI2.

Remember I'm just over the hills so if you ever want to try I can help.

Cheers,

Alistair

I'm Grant.

Cheers Alistair. I will see and if I do I will give you a shout mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alistair.

No Problem Grant

I'm John.

yes its an odd decision imo. I wont be going down this route thats for sure. As long as the one ive got works then it will stay as is. if and when it gets corrupted then it is alas goodbye. It is way over my head.
    Keep a backup copy of your sd card and you'll be OK.

I'm Barry.

Well, after sitting on the fence for a few months I thought I would have a go at installing the latest moode player,version 4 beta 12, using the following instructions I was up and running in about 2 hours.

1. Install Stretch-lite to your uSD card using Etcher or Win32diskimager.
    2. Once installed, on your PC use Windows explorer to add a new empty file called SSH in the boot directory of Stretch lite. Eject SD card from PC
    Install SD card in Pi, power on and allow to boot. Now you can ssh to Pi using Putty or similar. Usre : pi, Password: raspberry.
    3. Download the image builder as described in Moodeaudio.org. Start the image builder. Build might take an hour or more depending on internet connections etc.
    4. You can track the build using
    ssh pi@moode "cat ~/mosbuild.log | grep 'COMPONENT\|STEP\| Compile \| END\| Error'"
    User is now pi, password moodeaudio.
    5. When complete you will see the END message. now you can access Moode via your browser.

A lot of new features have been added but the SQ tweaks have been removed. I will not try it on my main system till the final release at the end of the month.

I have been running Volumio 2 on my main system for the last few weeks, very easy to install and to set up, no problems with Airplay which I found a Little flaky on moode. Worth a try for any one that can't face the moode install.

to download image builder and install (step 3 above)

1. Download the Image Builder

cd /home/pi
    sudo wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/mos/mosbuild.sh -O /home/pi/mosbuild.sh
    sudo chmod +x /home/pi/mosbuild.sh

2. Start the Image Builder

sudo ./mosbuild.sh

I'm Grant.

well done... i wouldnt even contemplate that
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barry.

well done... i wouldnt even contemplate that
    I was surprised how easy it was once I figured out were to put the ssh file and log into the pi.

I'm Grant.

yes but you know what your doing with putty etc. to me its for putting windows in
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Duncan.

?
    Last edited by tubehunter; 24-01-2018 at 14:40.

+ Reply to Thread