+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    It's a bit confusing because the Moode download just gives the sources and manual build instructions. To begin, you need to download Raspbian Stretch-Lite and burn it to a micro-SD card: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
    Then it's best to use the Moode Image Builder - under 'Support' - and follow the option which uses a single SD card.

I'm Josie.

Jeez... I I'll stick with 3.7

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Jeez... I I'll stick with 3.7

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    There's a lot to be said for that! If you don't need the extra features of 4.0, then I think the earlier versions (which have the advanced kernels) can give slightly better sound.
    Edit: Just done some more listening, and I think the sound is actually better on 4.0 than 3.7 for me.
    Getting Moode 4.0 to work is really not that difficult, and it's even quite educational. I can assist anyone who wants to do it from a Mac.
    Last edited by jonners; 30-01-2018 at 17:13.

I'm Mel.

I have just run the build with no problem [an idiots guide would have speeded things up].

Well worth the effort and a donation will follow tomorrow.

A definite improvement over V3.x in my view

Mel

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    It's a bit confusing because the Moode download just gives the sources and manual build instructions. To begin, you need to download Raspbian Stretch-Lite and burn it to a micro-SD card: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
    Then it's best to use the Moode Image Builder - under 'Support' - and follow the option which uses a single SD card.
    Moode 4.4 is available and does not require any build. Moode (Tim Curtiss) provides a straight ISO. I quote The download is a ready-to-use ISO image that can be written directly to an SDCard. Here is the link http://moodeaudio.org/
    If it ain't broke then fix it until it is.

I'm Neil.

Default Moode Player Help

I’ve been using Moode for a couple of weeks now. Been having some issues with using Linn Kazoo as a controller. Slow, laggy, keeps locking the system up. LUMIN has a terrible UI, so that is out. Fingers crossed am using mconnect on iPhone and it is much faster and more solid. Kazoo hands off the Tidal browsing to the Pi, but mconnect signs into Tidal, then sends to the Pi. Way faster browsing.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Dave.

I'm still on Release 3.1.
    Tried 4.x and the latest version of Volumio. I prefer the sound of the old version.

I'm Bill.

I'm currently using Moode with my Allo Boss V1.2 and see in the audio config some chip/device options. Can anyone advise what these settings are and what affect they may have on the sound.

Thanks.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Mike.

Default Moode Player Help

I've gone back to Moode on my Pi/Boss today, just to see if I could have it set up as a Roon Endpoint as well as Spotify Connect.

Both working perfectly. So I'll give some time and see if it sounds any better than Ropieee XL that could do both too.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 09-12-2019 at 07:47.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100