+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Super-Sound Cord style" Interconnects

I'm Alan.

Default "Super-Sound Cord style" Interconnects

To see what the crack was with these interconnects I have made myself a 1m pair.

...and saved myself a packet in doing so

What is the general consensus about which end should be connected to the power amp, the end with the earthed screens or the end with the floating screens?

Thanks for any advice.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Rich.

I don't think it matters as long as it's consistently the same end... For this purpose I have a small bit of tape on mine.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm alan.

Both ends are the same on mine,i have never heard any difference which ever way they are connected.
    Revox B795,NVA Phono 1,Teac PD H500C,SB Touch,Mark Grant Linear PSU,Bushmaster MkII,NVA AP70,IPL LS3TLM.Royd Minstrels.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    To see what the crack was with these interconnects I have made myself a 1m pair.

...and saved myself a packet in doing so

What is the general consensus about which end should be connected to the power amp, the end with the earthed screens or the end with the floating screens?

Thanks for any advice.

I may be wrong but I don't think that your description reflects the construction of the NVA SSC. I have two pairs, which are truly excellent, and were so inexpensive that DIY seemed a waste of my time. My only comment about SSC is that it is no good for low level phono duties, eg between my SUT and phono amp, because it is susceptible to hum fields.

I'm Nodrog.

A brief vision he had of swirling cloud, and in the midst of it towers and battlements, tall as hills, founded upon a mighty mountain-throne above immeasurable pits; great courts and dungeons, eyeless prisons sheer as cliffs, and gaping gates of steel and adamant: and then all passed. Towers fell and mountains slid; walls crumbled and melted, crashing down; vast spires of smoke and spouting steams went billowing up, up, until they toppled like an overwhelming wave, and its wild crest curled and came foaming down upon the land. And then at last over the miles between there came a rumble, rising to a deafening crash and roar; the earth shook, the plain heaved and cracked, and Orodruin reeled. Fire belched from its riven summit. The skies burst into thunder seared with lightning. Down like lashing whips fell a torrent of black rain. And into the heart of the storm, with a cry that pierced all other sounds, tearing the clouds asunder, the Nazgûl came, shooting like flaming bolts, as caught in the fiery ruin of hill and sky they crackled, withered, and went out.

I'm rupert.

ohoohoo

what base material (cable) did u use ? how many strands ? any pics ?

I'm Rich.

Again I'll say, it doesn't matter. I use mine consistently the same way. They are of NVA construction.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    A brief vision he had of swirling cloud, and in the midst of it towers and battlements, tall as hills, founded upon a mighty mountain-throne above immeasurable pits; great courts and dungeons, eyeless prisons sheer as cliffs, and gaping gates of steel and adamant: and then all passed. Towers fell and mountains slid; walls crumbled and melted, crashing down; vast spires of smoke and spouting steams went billowing up, up, until they toppled like an overwhelming wave, and its wild crest curled and came foaming down upon the land. And then at last over the miles between there came a rumble, rising to a deafening crash and roar; the earth shook, the plain heaved and cracked, and Orodruin reeled. Fire belched from its riven summit. The skies burst into thunder seared with lightning. Down like lashing whips fell a torrent of black rain. And into the heart of the storm, with a cry that pierced all other sounds, tearing the clouds asunder, the Nazgûl came, shooting like flaming bolts, as caught in the fiery ruin of hill and sky they crackled, withered, and went out.
    Well, quite. We've all had days like that.

I'm Grant.

Tolkein can paint a picture cant he. nice quote Gordon. I always liked this one since I read it. “Life is worth living and no matter what it throws at you it is important to keep your eyes on the prize of the happiness that will come. Even when the Death Railway reduced us to little more than animals, humanity in the shape of our saintly medical officers triumphed over barbarism.
    Remember, while it always seems darkest before the dawn, perseverance pays off and the good times will return.”
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    ohoohoo

what base material (cable) did u use ? how many strands ? any pics ?
    I've now learnt some more about the SSC construction and have got it slightly wrong, though why you would want a Faraday cage around only part of the overall system I don't know.

I can easily amend to the actual construction and will do further listening tests.

The cable I have used is RG316/U http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-ft-RG31...item3a7ee83d6a

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast