+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2M Black (again)

I'm Steve.

Default 2M Black (again)

Hi guys
    I set my new 2m Black up tonight and settled in to some me time and a dozen lp's.

Well at first I wasn't overly impressed, but side after side things started to improve, I know it'll take a few hrs to break in but I'm surprised at how much surface noise there is, in between tracks the noise is very prevelant. Is this normal or would this indicate issues in the set up?

Cheers.

I'm Grant.

My ortofon did that if it was not pretty accurate, so I would look again at it. it doesnt take much with these carts to make a huge difference.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm scott.

not found any problem with 2M Black or Qunitet Black with surface noise & they both use the same shibata stylus profile
    could be that i use a ultrasonic RCM before playing any record
    VTA & Azimuth does need to be dialled in very percise for them to truly sing if your arm can,t do this
    you can adjust at the headshell with a Arche True SRA Headshell
    also found Uni-din on my smartractor sounded the best

The total of 5 tangential options of course includes the old audio phono standards set by Loefgren and Baerwald in the late 1930s and 1940s in both - IEC and DIN - norms.

* Loefgren A / Baerwald DIN
    * Loefgren A / Baerwald IEC
    * Loefgren B DIN
    * Loefgren B IEC

furthermore the SMARTractor features the critically acclaimed UNI-DIN tangential curve.

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...ailed#Fr5XawFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xef-1CzwjCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBoJMwNVZE
    Last edited by daytona600; 31-07-2015 at 07:55.

I'm Martin.

Not found it a problem with my set up using cleaned records. The set up was quite quick with my SME arm.

If the record has surface noise (well used records with other needles), it will show it up as it's a fine cartridge.

I'm Steve.

Thnaks guys.

I set the cart up using The Clearaudio Alignment Tool, using the 70mm setting. Clearaudio recommend 75mm but i couldn't get it set up correct to that setting.

The records were a mix of old and new and also some that had been cleaned on my wet/Vac RCM. I think i need to have another go at set up. Anyone have any killer advice?

I'm Grant.

Everyone uses differing tools and methods. what arm is it?
    Funnily i have not had probs with straight or s arms using my. geo disc. the mc25fl set up pretty easy although needed an extra weight on the back to level it...its a heavy cart and head. i did find azimuth to be pretty critical re noise
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Thanks Grant

Its a Funk Firm F5 arm.

I'm Grant.

thats a straight i think... you can borrow my geo if needed
    Last edited by struth; 31-07-2015 at 15:00.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    thatscstraight i think... you ca! borrow my geo if needed
    Thanks Grant that's very kind of you. I may give you a shout if i cant improve on the current set up.

I'm charles.

Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    not found any problem with 2M Black or Qunitet Black with surface noise & they both use the same shibata stylus profile
    could be that i use a ultrasonic RCM before playing any record
    VTA & Azimuth does need to be dialled in very percise for them to truly sing if your arm can,t do this
    you can adjust at the headshell with a Arche True SRA Headshell
    also found Uni-din on my smartractor sounded the best

The total of 5 tangential options of course includes the old audio phono standards set by Loefgren and Baerwald in the late 1930s and 1940s in both - IEC and DIN - norms.

* Loefgren A / Baerwald DIN
    * Loefgren A / Baerwald IEC
    * Loefgren B DIN
    * Loefgren B IEC

furthermore the SMARTractor features the critically acclaimed UNI-DIN tangential curve.

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...ailed#Fr5XawFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xef-1CzwjCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBoJMwNVZE
    great thread,loved the micheal fremmer,link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast