+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: kef cresta 2

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    These Kef Coda 8s are a good buy. They're a dynamic, fun sounding speaker without sounding harsh (unless your electronics are harsh).
    Fun sounding. Great description! Ive just got a pair of these, swapped out my tannoy floorstanders with them, have gone back into a rock listening phase simply bacause of these speakers.

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Fun sounding. Great description! Ive just got a pair of these, swapped out my tannoy floorstanders with them, have gone back into a rock listening phase simply bacause of these speakers.
    What Tannoys are they?

I'm john.

Mercury M3s. I still like them, they are in my computer set up now ( pics in the gallery ) the kefs just seem to have more attack, drums sound that little more crisp, everything is a little more detailed.

Did you have a pair of the Kef coda8s? My akai amp may be toast, wondering if you had a amp you would recomend?

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post

Did you have a pair of the Kef coda8s? My akai amp may be toast, wondering if you had a amp you would recomend?

I bought a pair of Kef coda 8s when they first came out (mid 90s). I ran them off an Arcam alpha 6+ amp because it was the What-hifi? magazine amp of the year - but I wouldn't bother with the Arcam because I think you can do a lot better (they're a bit warm and soft sounding). I recently bought a brand new Cambridge Audio Topaz AM1 for £80 and I think it's an absolute bargain, either that or something further up the Cambridge Audio range would be my suggestion.

I'm john.

My first decent hifi was an Arcam 7 with an 8p through mordant short Ms25is, did sound nice with a debut record deck, but I totally agree, having heard a wider range of equipment now I wouldnt have Arcam again, I would like more detail now. I will have a look at the cambridge audio range though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123