+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SJS resuscitated

I'm David.

My amplifier certainly isn't for sale but will be heading back to Simon at some stage for an external power supply, my only problem is finding a place for the extra box!

David Whistance

I'm Simon.

An early Voyd split phase psu in for repairs and servicing. The light in the power switch didn't work, and on one of the speed settings the motors weren't running.

Inside there was evidence of a previous repair, and after some effort the faults were identified and the psu returned to operation.

New electrolytic caps, regulators, transistors and darlington output pairs, plus a few resistors. New mains switch, small heatsinks on the regulators and transistors which tend to get a bit warm, and finally a good clean

Should be good to go for some time yet
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Many thanks Simon, excellent work with great patience and perseverance I suspect.
    It's performing superbly.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Simon.

Default Arcadia 18W PSE 300B amplifier repairs

An original Arcadia 18W PSE 300B amplifier has been in for servicing and repairs.

Originally supplied in 1997 it was enhanced with a large external dual-mono power supply in 2004.

Following a number of amendments, and a period of time in storage, it has been thoroughly repaired and serviced. A couple of damaged chokes have been replace, some of the psu capacitors replaced, a new pair of 6072A input and 5687WB driver valves, and a new set of EH Gold Grid 300Bs are now being used instead of the TJ mesh plate 300B/n valves shown.

The PSU contains a large mains transformer for each channel, plus valve rectifiers, choke input and first psu cap for the input/driver psu. The psu is remotely switched on/off from the main chassis.

Inside the main chassis there are two mains transformers for the 300B filament supplies, and six more chokes for the various power supplies.

In total there are three valve rectified, choke input filtered power supplies per channel, making six in total. One for the 300Bs, the second for the input/driver stage, and the third for the negative bias supply.

The components inside are typical of the period, including Elna Cerafine HT caps for the 300B ht, a lot of Black Gates, Hovland coupling caps, Mills and Rhopoint wirewound and even a couple of tantalum film resistors.

The servicing should see it good for many years to come.
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.

I'm Simon.

We are pleased to announce that we will be exhibiting at the The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2020

See SJS Arcadia amplifiers with Living Voice in Room 413 on the 4th Floor and in Room 415 on the 4th Floor

We look forward to seeing you there!

Marriott City Centre Hotel, Lower Castle Street, Bristol, BS1 3AD

First Floor, Room 118

Opening Hours

Opening Hours
    Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd February 2020
    10am – 5pm

For more information and tickets for the show, visit The Bristol Hi-Fi Show website, here.

I'm Simon.

Further details of the Bristol Show with Living Voice and Kuzma can be seen on the Definitive Audio website.

https://www.definitiveaudio.co.uk/

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

A thoroughly enjoyable day last weekend with Kevin and Lynn at Definitive Audio,
    delivering a few SJS Arcadia Model 7 line preamplifiers looking stealthy in the new all black finish,
    and enjoying the new Living Voice R4 Avatar IBX-RW loudspeakers and vinyl spinning on the Kuzma Stabi R turntable in orange, and the Grand Prix Audio Monaco

I'm Simon.

Another batch of Voyd armboards finished, including Linn/Jelco, Rega, SME, Helius Omega, Helius Cyalene and Kuzma

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456