+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SJS resuscitated

I'm Simon.

duplicate post removed
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    "SJS Arcadia amplifiers are available from Definitive Audio in Nottingham."

I could not see any reference to SJS on the website linked to
    Micheal

If you scroll down the linked News page there is an entry from February 2017:

"Out of the box thinking… in beautiful boxes.
    Highly individual circuit designs which bring life, expression and vitality to the musical performance that delights and bedazzles in equal measure. Knockout. Definitive Audio is excited to be representing the full range of SJS Electroacoustics."

Definitive Audio currently have the following available for audition: Model 3 phono, Model 5 SE 300B power amp and Model 7 preamplifier.

Conversely, if Manchester is more convenient you can audition them here.

More info is also available on our blog: http://sjselectroacoustics.blogspot.com/

All the best
    Simon
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.

I'm Simon.

Five armboards for Voyd turntables waiting to be dispatched

Four standard armboards in 3mm anodised aluminium for Fidelity Research FR-64fx or s, Kuzma Stogi Reference, Helius Omega and SME

plus a 10mm "reference" armboard for FR-64fx or s in black powdercoat finish

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

How much are the armboards?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Simon.

Default SJS Arcadia 18w PSE 300B amp

Just collected this original SJS Arcadia 18w power amplifier. It is in for a service and thorough check over before it goes up for sale

PSE 300B with dual-mono external psu

I'm Wayne.

Bloody hell that's nice

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Stunning amplifier.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    Just collected this original SJS Arcadia 18w power amplifier. It is in for a service and thorough check over before it goes up for sale

PSE 300B with dual-mono external psu

Would that happen to be owned by a chap by the name of David W.? If it is then may be the one he brought to my house to listen to some gear, and it certainly sounded very impressive.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Would that happen to be owned by a chap by the name of David W.? If it is then may be the one he brought to my house to listen to some gear, and it certainly sounded very impressive.
    Similar, but different :-)
    He has a PSE 2A3 version, without external psu, but with some recent internal upgrades.
    I hope you didn't have to lift it !!!

I'm Simon.

Default more Voyd armboards

Four more armboards waiting to be shipped out

Two standard arm boards in 3mm anodised aluminium for Fidelity Research FR-64fx or s at 230mm and one for Kuzma Stogi Reference

The top two are black powder coated aluminium, on the left is a Rega / AN Arm-1 arm board for a Voyd Valdi, and on the right is a 10mm reference board for a Rega / AN Arm-1 on a Voyd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast