+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted IMF TLS 50 Tweeter

I'm Geoff.

Default Wanted: IMF TLS 50 Tweeters

I've just picked up a pair of IMF TLS 50 (Mk1 I think). The tweeters however seem to be incorrect - currently has slightly oversized Audax units.

Anyone either have a pair of originals or alternatively know what they were. They look the same as other rectangular ones in the range according to google images.

To be clear this is the rectangular normal tweeter and not the round super tweeter.

The cabinets on these look like mine with the single transmission line exit port and main drivers which look undersized for their cut out:

There seem to be different tweeter on google pictures though...

Thanks
    Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff101; 13-07-2015 at 10:30.

I'm Grant.

some pics might help Geoff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

if they are the usual audax dome tweeters falcon acoustics do an updated replacement for them
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Thanks - I don't have a picture of the correct ones as mine appear to be none original. I can add one from Google if that helps but I'll have to guess which is correct.

I'm Grant.

Hermit. ka Paul justvsoldca set of those i think (see page 4 of classifieds). his pics are still there if they help you. look to be the same tweeters as in my s compacts

i see you pics now.. they dont look right tbh
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Geoff, I think if you ask on the AK IMF owners thread, someone there will be able to identify the tweeter model for you.

I'm nigel.

yeah looks wrong.
    my 50s had a 1'' soft dome made by audax with a smooth rectangular plate.
    mine also sported a soft dome mid and all the drivers were mounted on a separate piece of plywood glued into the top section of baffle.
    they had been stored in not ideal garage for many years and had all sorts of nasties living inside.
    to bring them back to life I pried off the baffle plate and was able to shake out the crap that had entered by the transmission line port.
    was easy to access the xover this way too....dry joint city!!!

NIGE

I'm Grant.

Been looking more closely now I'm on the pc and get bigger pics, and they are I think the same tweeters that are on my super compacts.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Yup. Transmission lines and horns make great homes for spiders and the like. A bit of very fine mesh stops that.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

peerless?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast