+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why does kit always sound its best just when you sell it?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Thanks Grant, I'm heading over to Paul's tomorrow to listen to his Tannoys, can't wait mate but I'm not sure it's such a good idea to listen to something like Tannoys
    Ive got tannoy dc's too lol. different style tho' but a good driver for its meagre 8"'s

Paul's system should hit the spot Tony. all nice gear
    Last edited by struth; 09-07-2015 at 21:17.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Well I made my way down to Paul's place today to have a listen to his Tannoy's and, well I get it now, just fantastic at making music, they completely pull you into the music and then you totally forget them.

I loved them, remarked to Paul how much they reminded of me of the sound that I was used to when i was listening to music in pubs and clubs when I was younger, quite amazing really that sound still being there in my memory after about 35 years.

The speakers are really analogue sounding and brilliant with vinyl but just as good with digital too and with streaming music files, great stereo imaging too absolutely pin sharp and precise, bass was great without being overwhelming and very tuneful.

I really think that Paul has won a watch with these speakers and they also look in very good condition with nice cabs that go really well with the rest of Paul's kit which really looks in great condition and sounds wonderful with the Tannoys.

I would defintely buy a pair of those Tannoys, no question about that!

Thanks again Paul I really enjoyed the chat and the choons mate

Cheers

Tony

PS, St Germain's record is on discogs and very reasonable it is too.

http://www.discogs.com/St-Germain-Tourist/master/608

I'm Geoff.

I did try to warn you Tony!

You know what'll happen now don't you? It'll be an itch that you'll have to scratch sometime.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I did try to warn you Tony!

You know what'll happen now don't you? It'll be an itch that you'll have to scratch sometime.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Well I made my way down to Paul's place today to have a listen to his Tannoy's and, well I get it now, just fantastic at making music, they completely pull you into the music and then you totally forget them.

I loved them, remarked to Paul how much they reminded of me of the sound that I was used to when i was listening to music in pubs and clubs when I was younger, quite amazing really that sound still being there in my memory after about 35 years.

The speakers are really analogue sounding and brilliant with vinyl but just as good with digital too and with streaming music files, great stereo imaging too absolutely pin sharp and precise, bass was great without being overwhelming and very tuneful.

I really think that Paul has won a watch with these speakers and they also look in very good condition with nice cabs that go really well with the rest of Paul's kit which really looks in great condition and sounds wonderful with the Tannoys.

I would defintely buy a pair of those Tannoys, no question about that!

Thanks again Paul I really enjoyed the chat and the choons mate

Cheers

Tony

PS, St Germain's record is on discogs and very reasonable it is too.

http://www.discogs.com/St-Germain-Tourist/master/608
    Thanks for the feedback Tony. It's always comforting to get another opinion on a new toy. I'm still getting used to the Berkeleys but so far so good. They seem to gel well with the rest of my system.

Thanks for the link. Hopefully I'll be able to play it for you on vinyl the next time that you pop down.

It was good to meet you and thanks for the cake which is going down great.

I'm Grant.

Cake eh? he never brought me cake

Good to see a meet up going well Paul. Forgot you'd moved back to Glasgga
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234