+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why does kit always sound its best just when you sell it?

I'm Paul.

Interesting thread. You did a fantastic job on your Cheviots

I normally get the crossovers done on the vintage speakers that pass through but I'm thinking there's no rush with the Berkeleys as they sound really good as they are. I will just enjoy them for the time being but one day I will get the crossovers refreshed just to be sure that they're up to spec.

Box13 Guest

Default It is true

It is also true that if you have a gap between when you parted with an item and the replacement arrives, you never felt such a burning need to play your music! No other form of recreation will do, to keep you content.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Tony, you're welcome to come over to have a listen to my Berkeleys. I will pm you my number.
    Thanks Paul, really apprecitate the kind offer.

Tony

I'm Timothy.

I have often thought about opening a "sellers remorse" shop, where the seller will bring his gear there for a fee, and I will set it up on a display shelf along with all the other goodies that audio folks bring in. It will be all cleaned up and looking great for all to peruse for a said amount of time. Of course the owner may come back and look at it lovingly on the shelf as often as they like, and after the term is up, if remorse isn't as great as one thought, it could then be sold for real, or as it may sometimes work, the owner would want it back.

I often thought this type of thing could work for used vehicles as well, as most of the time when I have either traded or sold a vehicle on, I usually have a bit of remorse, especailly when I see it sitting there for resale on the lot. Crazy stuff.
    Last edited by Frazeur1; 10-07-2015 at 10:20.

I'm Paul.

Nice idea - kind of like purgatory for kit.

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    I have often thought about opening a "buyers remorse" shop, where the seller will bring his gear there for a fee, and I will set it up on a display shelf along with all the other goodies that audio folks bring in. It will be all cleaned up and looking great for all to peruse for a said amount of time. Of course the owner may come back and look at it lovingly on the shelf as often as they like, and after the term is up, if remorse isn't as great as one thought, it could then be sold for real, or as it may sometimes work, the owner would want it back.

I often thought this type of thing could work for used vehicles as well, as most of the time when I have either traded or sold a vehicle on, I usually have a bit of remorse, especailly when I see it sitting there for resale on the lot. Crazy stuff.
    I like that- "seller's remorse" shop. I have come soooo close, on several occasions, to selling almost all my kit items individually, only to stop, consider and then stop. My wife hates it 'cos she thinks I'm getting rid, but then change my plans, usually at the 11th hour...

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tannoy fuss and ado Getting on well with mine now, but your Harbeth's should be top ho Tony
    I sold the Harbeths Grant, have a pair of cheap Dalis Ikon (I think) small bokshelf speakers at the minute and they're not bad for my listening habits (internet radio and radio 4 fm).

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I sold the Harbeths Grant, have a pair of cheap Dalis Ikon (I think) small bokshelf speakers at the minute and they're not bad for my listening habits (internet radio and radio 4 fm).
    I forgot Tony..sorry. Must have been hard to let them go, but as you say if your not using them too much to their potential then you might as well not have em. Dali's get a good name tho'....been through a few myself and having gone down to just 1 system I now have loads of speakers doing nowt lol

if need a set on loan anytime then just say, and if they are hear you can use them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I forgot Tony..sorry. Must have been hard to let them go, but as you say if your not using them too much to their potential then you might as well not have em. Dali's get a good name tho'....been through a few myself and having gone down to just 1 system I now have loads of speakers doing nowt lol

if need a set on loan anytime then just say, and if they are hear you can use them
    Thanks Grant, I'm heading over to Paul's tomorrow to listen to his Tannoys, can't wait mate but I'm not sure it's such a good idea to listen to something like Tannoys

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Thanks Grant, I'm heading over to Paul's tomorrow to listen to his Tannoys, can't wait mate but I'm not sure it's such a good idea to listen to something like Tannoys
    Hope your piggy bank is full!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast