+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Advice re staining a Linn LP12 black ash plinth

I'm Stuart.

Cheers Grant, I'm pretty pleased with my efforts.
    I think the photos are a bit harsh really! the dink on the corner isn't as noticeable in real life.
    Its still there, but I can cope with that. Just fancy a change from the Afro plinth.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatiist View Post
    Hi Andrew,
    The plinth serial starts with 85 I think...I've got masking tape over the plate at the moment waiting for a day off when it isn't raining!
    I got it from a really nice guy called Paul, from Chorlton.
    Yep, that is my old one! Great to see that you've done a really nice job on that plinth. The LP12 of which it was taken was a pretty important part of my life for over 20 years. I still have great memories of when I first heard Coltrane on that deck. It went through numerous house and flat-shares, hence the few scrapes, so its great to see you have taken it back in the Tardis to 1990 (which was a good year!).

I'm Stuart.

Hi Andrew,

1990... God I wish I was still there! I was having so much fun then and life was great!
    I've been putting the deck back together tonight, with a fresh arm board, Ittok, fresh interconnect and an Asaka.
    Its not quite ready to play, but not far off!
    It's looking great, just need to source a nice clear lid!
    I'll get some photos of the finished deal when I can!
    I am impressed with its look so far though! I'm really happy with my attempt at getting the plinth back in shape!
    It does look good in my opinion and a few little marks doesn't detract from its history, which is why I didn't try to cover any of the dinks with filler!
    I'll post some pics when it's back together fully.
    it looks much better than it did in the Afro plinth in my opinion!

Cheers, Stu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345