+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Art of Sound

Box13 Guest

Default Tuner

I am now on the look out for a nice tuner?

I'm Geoff.

Hi Box. If you want to chat in general, start a thread in the Blank Canvas area where everybody will see what you're asking. At the moment we are cluttering the 'Welcome' area. Have a poke around and get used to what the varying forum sections are for. If you see an ongoing discussion that interests you. Join in. You can take part in any discussion you choose. If you want guidance, just ask me or any of the other moderators.

As for a tuner. What is your budget.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    I am now on the look out for a nice tuner?
    Is that a statement or a question?

Whatever, it seems you are "not satisfied unless it's the best"!
    Last edited by Barry; 04-07-2015 at 02:04.
    Barry

Box13 Guest

Okay boys

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Have a poke around and get used to what the varying forum sections are for. If you see an ongoing discussion that interests you. Join in. You can take part in any discussion you choose. .

"Box13, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

Posting Permissions
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts".

Dear Wally, when I go to the other sections I get the above message, I only have 27 posts so presumed I had to hit 50 or maybe 100?

I'm Geoff.

You should be able to access regular threads to make postings. I'll look into it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Box. You are accessing other threads without problem. Can you be specific about which areas you had problems with.

My assumption is that you've tried to access sections that are only available to moderators and admin.

Box13 Guest

Box. You are accessing other threads without problem. Can you be specific about which areas you had problems with.

My assumption is that you've tried to access sections that are only available to moderators and admin.

Oh, I see.
    I'm not sure why this should be so, as it's a forum, what is the intention here please?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    Oh, I see.
    I'm not sure why this should be so, as it's a forum, what is the intention here please?
    It's necessary for instance, to keep admin areas 'off limits', as it were.

Same principle as going into a shop. You don't go behind the counter.

Box13 Guest

It's necessary for instance, to keep admin areas 'off limits', as it were.
    The usual way of doing that is to 'hide' those areas.
    I would just like to say it was confusing to this novice.
    Why not simply label those areas Moderators only, if you don't want anyone to contribute to them?
    I'm just asking with a perspective of someone new to the forum you understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast