+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS/... IMF Super Compact Speakers (restored)

I'm Grant.

With my new project on its way I will reduce these for now to £180 plus postage if needed.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

I'd be interested if I 'needed' more speakers.

I'm sure they won't hang around long Grant.

Anyway you live far too far away
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Haven't they sold yet? Come on guys, they're really good!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Grant.

Cheers Alan, and David. Nope no interest at moment for some reason. Maybe over the weekend. Obviously not one of the known flavours these days I guess
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

IMF disappeared in the late 70's and I believe the story was that TDL was set up to make drivers for them originally. IMF folding left TDL with a good range of drivers and nothing to put them into, so some cabs and crossovers were designed and John Wright, formerly MD of IMF, took the helm and TDL was then a manufacturer of fully assembled loudspeakers. I hope I have it correct.

I blame the demise of IMF as a partial; fault of Linn and Naim, the fruitbox having a less than accurate or accomplished bass even with a lean toned Grace 707 and Supex 900. Naim amps have - or had - a high (by ss standards) output impedance I understand and although the mk2 versions of the TLS50 and 80 sounded ok with bolt-up era Naim, the earlier ones sounded heavy and well over-ripe in the very low (pressure wave frequencies) bass most 'flat earth' speakers didn't know anything about.

Just my views of course. Even KJ, a staunch supporter of IMF through most of the 70's, abandoned the brand later on, the then new KEF R105 and B&W 801 getting far more attention, even if neither worked well with most domestic amps due to lack of power to row them along.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Geoff.

Yes. A landmark name IMF. Some of the most iconic designs of the time, that can still sound great today. I always wanted a pair of TLS80s.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Cheers all....there are very hard to find now and these are a pretty good price for such a nice pair; always nice to have a nice pair around the home
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

If you're still coming over on Tuesday you could bring these over for a listen Grant
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Yup, still planning to Brian, barring outside influences .......dare say I could get them in the boot somehow. ...got a couple of Gary's cd's too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Be good to hear them mate.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast