+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Klipsch Heresy vs Tannoy 800's Comparison - My 3,000 th Post !!

I'm Geoff.

A friend swore by Naim and had the top of the range amplification at the time (lots of money), driving the original Acoustic Energy AE1 speakers (ouch!). He thought they were the best, but unfortunately for him, he was given a home demo of Mark Levinson CD player and amplifiers. He was not quite the same after that. Eventually buying the ML CD player, ML pre/processor and (again after a home demo) ATC SCM100a speakers. I reckon he was about 50 grand light afterwards. It all sounded quite nice though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    A friend swore by Naim and had the top of the range amplification at the time (lots of money), driving the original Acoustic Energy AE1 speakers (ouch!). He thought they were the best, but unfortunately for him, he was given a home demo of Mark Levinson CD player and amplifiers. He was not quite the same after that. Eventually buying the ML CD player, ML pre/processor and (again after a home demo) ATC SCM100a speakers. I reckon he was about 50 grand light afterwards. It all sounded quite nice though.
    I once heard some ML monoblocks, but I can't remember the rest of the system, and I was not impressed at all... I found the sound very sterile and it did nothing for me at all....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    How do the Active Reveals sound to you Paul ? Look forward to your resurection of the MG's as well..
    They are great little monitors Bev, but they are near fields if you are no more than a metre from them, they do their thing. Put them on stands and they get a bit wolly. We have them on the edit suites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678