+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Sancho.

Default Hello

Hi all,
    I'm very new to audio. I have a marantz mcr610 all-in-one media player, a hartung 2 x 8 OTL integrated amp and zu omen floorstanders, all barely a year old! Recently an aunt got wind of my new hobby, and gave me her old ariston RD80 TT. The stylus was broken, and the plinth survived a termite attack while in storage. I ordered a new denon 110 high output mc and a TC-760LC phono preamp just to test the waters. After replacing the belt, and several days of figuring out how to adjust the suspension, I finally got the TT working! though not as good as my digital set up, at least to my ears. I haven't gotten to room treatments yet as I will be moving out in a couple of years. I'll be tweaking auntie's RD80 for now until I get a better TT and phono preamp and for now....HELLO!
    Oh BTW, I'm into R&B, jazz, 70s and 80s, and yes classical music whenever I'm in the mood!

I'm James.

Welcome Sancho, get stuck in.
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Grant.

Welcome Sancho. good deck the Ariston. A Better phono stage may well bring the best out of it, rather than getting another TT.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Sancho. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you're having fun there with your system.

Anytime you want to discuss what you have in mind, start a thread in the Blank Canvas section and outline your thoughts.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Sancho.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Welcome Sancho. good deck the Ariston. A Better phono stage may well bring the best out of it, rather than getting another TT.
    Thanks. I'll look for one in a few months time. After all I'm starting my record collection from ZERO

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I used to have an RD80, excellent deck if set up with a decent arm. Welcome.

I'm Sancho.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    I used to have an RD80, excellent deck if set up with a decent arm. Welcome.
    Sandy,
    Indeed my LVV's counterweight was sagging when I got it. The black rubber holding it was a bit mushy, and I nearly stripped the screwhead between it and the rest of the tonearm. I'm afraid it won't hold it for long so I guess the tonearm will be my next upgrade after my phono stage.
    Cheers, Sancho

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Sancho.

Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread