+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I LOVE my job!

I'm David.

Default I LOVE my job!

im sure none of these photos mean anything to you as you dont know the people but im so chuffed with images i wanted to show more people!

The couple are Erin and Paul, and the location is "the nash"

taken with nikon d3 with lenses as stated

nikon 85mm 1.4

nikon 70-200mm 2.8

nikon 24-70 2.8

nikon 24-70 2.8

you gotta love a tobacco grad ... even if it is a digital one!:

nikon 85mm 1.4 (with a large home fashioned cardboard lens hood to alow shooting into daytime sunlight)
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 13-09-2009 at 13:15.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    im sure none of these photos mean anything to you as you dont know the people but im so chuffed with images i wanted to show more people!

The couple are Erin and Paul, and the location is "the nash"
    Hi Hamish,
    Nice pics, particularly the one of the couple under the trees, looking into each other's eyes - beautiful, as I expect it will give them both much pleasure and many happy memories when they look back on it in future years.
    I'd love your job also, if I could produce images like that. A few weeks ago an old friend, in every sense of the word, 'volunteered' me to do the wedding pics of a family friend (of his, not mine). I managed to wriggle out of it 'cos it's too much responsibility - no other photographer and if I made a b......s (mess) of it .........
    If I get married again, will you do my wedding pics? - but don't hold your breath waiting for the call .
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm David.

cheers dave

its mates rate to forum members (the ones i know at least) ... its almost worth getting married again just for that dave!!!

cheers for the comments .. they were a realy nice couple to photograph... they actually look like they love each other.. they were good at forgeting i was there! its not always easy to capture how the couple feel about each other, sometimes you just capture how they feel about the camera!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

i have just recived permision of this little ladys mother to put this pic up too.. this is my fave from the day i think... i think i heard her mother saying she wants to be a modle when she grows up... this is my fave picture from the day!

85mm 1.4 shot at f4 1/250th at 200iso

I'm David.

the blown out high lights are because it was intended to be a high key black and white like this:

i just dont think it works quite as well as i though it might...

and in case anyone is questioning the dynamic range of my camera compared to film... i know how you film people like to do that...

here is version that wasnt shot for high key:

i just prefer her expression in the first one
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 13-09-2009 at 14:38.

I'm Confused.

Great pics again Hamish - how I envy your ability to 'play tunes' on a basic photo to get the effect you envisage - I'm handicapped on two fronts:
    envisaging what I want to/can achieve and then how to achieve it
    Just a side comment: Isn't it a sad reflection on our society that you now need to ask a parent's permission to publish a photo of their child. When my wife was about the same age as your young model, and on holiday at Great Yarmouth around 1950, unbeknown to anyone a photographer took her picture whilst playing on the beach. Next year the photo appeared on the front cover of Great Yarmouths holiday brochure - no permissions were sought, no royalties were paid, and nobody really cared, least of all Sue and her parents - everyone in the neighbourhood got shown the picture ad nauseum. A different world now and not always a better one.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm David.

there is def 2 sides to that story!
    on one side its a shame i cant walk around inocently taking pictures of whatever i like without the fear of arrest or a beating of some chav, sun/daily express/daily mail reading mother
    on the other side there might be some protection for young childeren gained from being a bit more stringent?

the sad thing is bad stuff happens, and always is going to happen - incriminating the inocent isnt going to help! in reality it creates more work for the police dealing with people who have been "caught" taking pictures of childeren, or whatever. as well as that they waste even more time dealing with the people that have given the beatings - because they have read out so many bad people in news papers!

unfortunatly bad breads bad, and when all we ever read about is bad, no wonder the world is going to shite!

it certainly is a different world

i personally find yougsters a pleasure to take photos of, but in this day and age the only oportunity i have is at a wedding!
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 13-09-2009 at 15:31.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

My photo's have two chances - slim or none

There was a scene i wanted us to be photo'd in at our wedding. The video chap got it perfect, but the official photographer didn't. I have the S-VHS master and some day will have to have the frame sampled, cleaned up and printed. Hopefully, an 8" by 6" print shouldn't look too bad.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

im gonna be a right knob at my wedding ... i dont think there is much point in me having a wedding photographer ... i think id end up getting to stressed at him/her

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    i personally find yougsters a pleasure to take photos of, but in this day and age the only oportunity i have is at a wedding!
    Hi again Hamish,
    It seems as if virtually every shopping centre I go to these days there's a guy or gal with a camera, a computer, a couple of light bulbs and a couple of overturned white umbrellas specifically for photoing children, out shopping with proud grand parents etc. One generally makes a good job of anything one enjoys doing (doesn't one? ), and most parents, grand parents and god parents will happily pay a premium for a nice picture of their little dears - you might make yourself a nice contribution to your hi-fi upgrade fund (enough to buy a 'proper' record cleaner perhaps ).
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast