+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hackney's set up

I'm Loz.

An update.

So my set up is slowly evolving. My Adam active speakers have been put to one side for a while and i have introduced these Kef Reference 103 speakers. Early impressions are very good, sounding very open indeed on some of my favourite recordings. I think as a result I have come to realise that the Adams actually sound 'boxed in' by comparison. Cables are Fisual Hollywood Dark Twist as recommended elsewhere on AoS. Aesthetically they get my wife's approval and she also commented on the 'open sound'. A winner all around then! I think they look rather nice too.

I'll stick some better photos up when I get the chance.

But for the moment I'll just sit back, get to know them a bit more and enjoy

All the best

Loz

I'm Geoff.

The Reference 103 have a fine reputation. One of KEF's best compact speakers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Good one Loz, glad it's doing the business for both of you

I'm Martin.

Good photograph too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Loz.

A small update to report. Some of you might remember my frustrating channel dropping woes recently. So fingers crossed this Schopper TP60 headshell replacement has solved it! Aesthetically I prefer the original TP60 but this one looks not bad at all. Sonically it's in the testing stage. Not much obvious difference noticed so far but I'll give it some time.

I'm Loz.

Well over three years since I last updated with a photograph! Changes go at a snails pace with me. Amplifier is now a Audiolab 8000A, phono stage is a Firebottle +. The Thorens TD160 is currently up in the Midlands with Angus having some magic sprinkled on it along with a Toshiba SR370 that may/may not make into my set up! Oh and I had a TT shelf made for me by a really nice guy in Exeter. Looks nice i think and no more wobbles when anyone stomps over the floorboards!

[IMG]TT Shelf by Loz Ring, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm Mike.

Love the look of your TT
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Loz.

Thanks Mike. Very happy with it. Sure, there are many better out there but it does what I ask of it very well for a fraction of the cost and will still be around when I'm no longer. 😉

I'm Paul.

Hi Loz

I like the look of those speakers could you tell us some more about them such as age and sound, they look ideal for a small apartment?

Thanks
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
    Out here we is stoned, immaculate
    The WASP - The Doors

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by jahsavage View Post
    Hi Loz

I like the look of those speakers could you tell us some more about them such as age and sound, they look ideal for a small apartment?

Thanks
    Hi Paul

Which one are you referring to? There are Adam Audio Artist 5's early in the thread or Kef Reference 103's in the later photos.

Cheers

Loz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast