+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackney's set up

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post
    Hi Loz, I play Vinyl on a Project 2 which I purchased years ago , but much prefer my digital headphone set up, it can be viewed in the gallery section, take a look and see what you think
    Certainly looks the business Anthony, are there some phot0graphs missing from your post?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    They are ARTist 5's Grant
    nice speakers . Not seen that model b4
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anthony.

Yes for some reason they seem to have been taken down , the mains cables are Nordost Heimdall 2 on cd (a recent change ) Argentum acoustics 12 on amp and Shunyata taipan on Isotek Orion . Bryston CD player to Lehmann head amp to Grado GS1000. The interconnects are Graditech Kide 3 .I also have a Vertex aq Jaya which works well at controlling noise and stray frequencies.
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm gone.

Nice system, Loz.
    I've heard Adam speakers quite a few times at hifi shows, small ones up to big ones, and I have always enjoyed them.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nice speakers . Not seen that model b4
    I believe they are aimed at the computer/digital audio crowd but for home use Grant. I had bought them for that purpose, but found they sounded great with analogue stuff too. The sound reproduction absolutely belies their diminutive size. Very pleased with them.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Nice system, Loz.
    I've heard Adam speakers quite a few times at hifi shows, small ones up to big ones, and I have always enjoyed them.

Cheers Jerry

Out of curiosity, if you can remember, did the 'big ones' live up to the high price tags?

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Cheers Jerry

Out of curiosity, if you can remember, did the 'big ones' live up to the high price tags?
    Sadly, once you allow for the big and good and seriously powerful on board amps, yes. Something of a bargain, really - a proper audiophool brand would have a queue if they asked twice as much, imho.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post
    Yes for some reason they seem to have been taken down , the mains cables are Nordost Heimdall 2 on cd (a recent change ) Argentum acoustics 12 on amp and Shunyata taipan on Isotek Orion . Bryston CD player to Lehmann head amp to Grado GS1000. The interconnects are Graditech Kide 3 .I also have a Vertex aq Jaya which works well at controlling noise and stray frequencies.
    Sounds great Anthony, pity the photos are missing!

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Sadly, once you allow for the big and good and seriously powerful on board amps, yes. Something of a bargain, really - a proper audiophool brand would have a queue if they asked twice as much, imho.
    I guess I better start saving up then Jerry!

I'm Paul.

Nice set up Loz, and I agree with Jerry. The floor standing Adams audio actives are something of a hifi bargain for vfm and sound quality. Very good indeed. I listened to the Classic Series Mk3 shortly after release and its a pretty stunning sounding loudspeaker if you have the cash resources. At £5200 including all the inbuilt amplifiers, they have to be something of a hifi bargain for what they do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast