+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New DAC board for my Pi: Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC ES9023

I'm Dave.

I see that there is now a V2 with the connectors on the other side of the pcb:

http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/kits-m...s-p-10176.html

Apparently there's Un boîtier aluminium spécialement to go with it, but I cannot find it:
    http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/boitie...ers-c-506.html

I'm Barry.

Could be tempted with the new v2 with the headphone socket, not sure how this would work seeing the DAC has a fixed output, suppose it would need a player with software volume control, would this not defeat the object of having a fixed volume control?
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 22-07-2015 at 10:21.

I'm Stephen.

With a bit of drilling managed to get the Audiophonics DAC into the IQ Audio case.

I'm Rob.

If you have problems loading drivers for the Audiophonics board with runeaudio, this might help:

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/the-n...-40.html#p5386

You need to uncomment the driver from the list in /boot/config.txt
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    My wooden case arrived a few days ago, and I've finally got around to drilling out the holes for the DAC RCAs. I'm very pleased with results.

The case is made by a Spanish Guitar maker.
    did you have to elongate them or was there no holes to start with Rob?
    i ve got mine in the standard plastic box with one side off. its still solid enough but like the look of those.. is there air holes
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    If you have problems loading drivers for the Audiophonics board with runeaudio, this might help:

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/the-n...-40.html#p5386

You need to uncomment the driver from the list in /boot/config.txt
    I think most distros have now worked around this and included some sort of configuration option that saves you having to edit the config file directly - this fix appears to have been an interim state when the driver got rolled in to the kernel (and they changed to the 'overlay' approach) but none of the distros had code to switch the drivers yet.

I'm Grant.

After a fair few sessions with this new combo(rpi2b 900khz and I-Sabre 24/192 Dac using MoOde, that is is light years ahead of the of the old, superb rpi2b iqdac with Volumio. Absolutely no complaints that i can find and makes my cd system sound pants in comparison.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    did you have to elongate them or was there no holes to start with Rob?
    i ve got mine in the standard plastic box with one side off. its still solid enough but like the look of those.. is there air holes
    The wooden box had no holes - so I drilled holes for a RCAs. I took a little time looking for a case with the extra height to accommodate the DAC board. Most of them aren't high enough. The fact the case was wooden was an added attraction as I though it would be easier to drill.

The wooden case does have a couple of slots - that I think are to allow ribbon cables access. The box doesn't get hot - or even warm. I tend to leave my Pi on all the time.

My other Pi system is in one of the IQaudIO cases. I think that case is nice, but I would have had to enlarge the RCA holes to fit the Audiophonics DAC. I though that would be ugly and wanted to check out the alternatives - hence the wooden case.
    Rob.