+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Atoll AM100 power amp

I'm Geoff.

Not good!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

He told me he was sending it back to you... not pleased either...not playing the game.

PS, I said he seemed to be. and that was after you did the deal,
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anthony.

Not in the spirit of what is a thoroughly decent forum.
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Alan.

I'm called mad-moon for a reason....give the lad his Atoll back...You knew bloody fine well the gear was faulty when you sent it to him...now come on...play the white man...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mad-moon; 22-06-2015 at 23:40.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    He told me he was sending it back to you... not pleased either...not playing the game.

PS, I said he seemed to be. and that was after you did the deal,
    Yeah, thanks for the words of support, Grant and everyone.
    -- I meant no slur on you or AOS at all, Grant. Absolutely my own deal and my own risk and the swap deal was all agreed and under way before any comments on here were made. My apologies if I gave any other impression, I did not mean to. I have edited my previous comment accordingly.

As a boxswapper who has done loads of deals with loads of folks over the years, this KONDO guy is the 1st 'bad apple' I've come across. Most forum folk are as decent and genuine as you could hope for.
    Luckily, it's not 'big money'. Still not good, though.

The amp in question is a Myst G-Ohm - a PSU box and two smaller mono power amps.
    It's all boxed up and ready to go - anyone qualified care to take a look at it for me? It is likely just a simple wiring fault, but I'm not safe playing around with these things.
    Last edited by jandl100; 23-06-2015 at 07:30.

I'm Alan.

I'll take a look at it Jerry if you wish.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Martin.

There you go Jerry - Alan will make it better than new.

is this Kondo bloke a member here?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I'll take a look at it Jerry if you wish.

Yes, please. Many thanks, Alan!

Please PM me your name / address and I'll get the beastie on its way.

I'll cover all costs, of course.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There you go Jerry - Alan will make it better than new.

is this Kondo bloke a member here?
    Yep, KONDO is a member here - it was an AOS PM from him that started the deal.

I'm gone.

Another UPS courier journey booked - the Mysty One will be on its was to Alan today.

So there you have it - an unfortunate example of the occasional bad side of forum life, and a very fine example of the many kind and supportive aspects of forums.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast