+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cartridge/SAS Shenanigans

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

I've been thinking about getting an SAS for my Shure SC35C.Would it be a suitable match for my Jelco 750D arm? Hope the op doesn't mind me jumping in here.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes no one can get there hands on an adc cart of quality coz youve got them all
    Shhh!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes no one can get there hands on an adc cart of quality coz youve got them all
    Pehaps - but I have three with five spare stylii.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I've got two 10E Mk.II, either one or two (can't recall) 10E Mk.IV, and a 26.

Two spare 10E Mk.II styli, one 27 stylus and a 10E Mk.IV stylus

(I think)

The only other non MC's I have are a pair of JVC Z1S MM's, with one spare new conical stylus and one spare new elliptical. If you've not heard one of these keep an eye out, they sound excellent and don't command high prices yet (but they're scarce).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've got two 10E Mk.II, either one or two (can't recall) 10E Mk.IV, and a 26.

Two spare 10E Mk.II styli, one 27 stylus and a 10E Mk.IV stylus

(I think)

The only other non MC's I have are a pair of JVC Z1S MM's, with one spare new conical stylus and one spare new elliptical. If you've not heard one of these keep an eye out, they sound excellent (but they're scarce).
    I once heard a JVC X-1 MM. It was excellent.

My ADCs are:

1 x ADC25 (with three sylii, having different profiles: two elliptical, one spherical)

2 x ADC 10E Mk. IV (with three spare stylii)

I used to have an ADC26 - sold it "for a song" (£15), as I didn't use it.

The body of the 26 is identical to the 25; just coloured white instead of black. The 27 stylus ought to fit the 26, and in fact could well be identical to the R-26.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I once heard a JVC X-1 MM. It was excellent.

My ADCs are:

1 x ADC25 (with three sylii, having different profiles: two elliptical, one spherical)

2 x ADC 10E Mk. IV (with three spare stylii)

I used to have an ADC26 - sold it "for a song" (£15), as I didn't use it.

The body of the 26 is identical to the 25; just coloured white instead of black. The 27 stylus ought to fit the 26, and in fact could well be identical to the R-26.
    27 has slightly lower compliance. 50 cu I believe as opposed to the 60cu of the 26. It does fit though and fits the 10E Mk.IV too.

There's been a 26 with dud stylus on eBay for a while and the asking price is £175! Daft.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123