+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Croft Acoustics RIAA R, and Audion Premier Phonos MM

I'm Charlie.

dont forget to listen to the new TRON Convergence, as it is a steal for the money

I'm Steve.

I need to get hold of and listern to the Croft's 1st
    Garrard 401, Isokinetik Silver Meledy 750L, Denon DL103r Hana SL , Russ Collinson Plinth , Deco Audio Silvercore SUT, Croft RIAA R Phono Stage, Arcam FMJ CD37, Musical Fidelity M6 Dac, Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista M3, Harbeth 30.1, Something Solid Stands, Atlas Cables, Power Inspired Regenerator , Okki Nokki RCM. Hi Fi Rack

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKemp View Post
    I will write some more after I ha e done some more listening. I'm using my spare cartridge (AT95E) because my London Decca Super Gold is in the UK for service. I can say this: I did not think the cheap AT95E could sound this good. I wonder how it will sound with the Decca
    Hi Chris, How are you getting on with the Croft? have you put some more hours on it yet? if so what do you think of the Croft?
    Garrard 401, Isokinetik Silver Meledy 750L, Denon DL103r Hana SL , Russ Collinson Plinth , Deco Audio Silvercore SUT, Croft RIAA R Phono Stage, Arcam FMJ CD37, Musical Fidelity M6 Dac, Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista M3, Harbeth 30.1, Something Solid Stands, Atlas Cables, Power Inspired Regenerator , Okki Nokki RCM. Hi Fi Rack

I'm peter.

The stark truth is that none of our opinions matter...because they are just that, opinions. Set in 'print' they can look objective, but they aren't, not at all. Five experienced listeners will often reach five different conclusions; none are 'right' or 'wrong' and a thread on a forum can't settle the matter of personal taste and equipment matching.
    You have to listen for yourself, in your room, with your gear. What you observe is relevent to you, and your own circumstances. It has no reliable meaning beyond that.
    Or to put it directly, forum advice about what gear you will like is worthless. It really is.....that's not cynicism, it's the truth of this highly subjective hobby. Everything you learn, you will learn from your own experience.

I'm Steve.

Peter, I disagree of part of what you say, if others who have, or have had a unit that you are interested in and are able to give you some tips, about that unit or point you in the right direction then I think that is a good thing. What is so wrong with that?

But yes you are right; I do be leave that only you can make up your own mind, it’s your opinion that matters to you. After you listen for yourself, in your own room with all your Hi-Fi gear, only you can decide if it’s any good for you or not.

As you rightly say, everything you learn you learn from your own experience: but that’s life.

I'm Chris.

I´m still waiting for my London Decca Super Gold to arrive from service. But for a couple of nights now I have A/B/A/B-tested it with the Jasmine LP2.5DU with AT95E cart. The Jasmine is tighter in the lower end and bass is more articulate. Mids are more natural and clear with Jasmine and the Croft is a little too chesty for my taste. Jasmine has more sparkle on top and I can follow the guitar strings easier with the Jasmine. Overall I find the Jasmine more dynamic and natural sounding. The Croft is very colorful in a positive way, but I think it is too much of a good thing together with my LM218iA single ended triode amp with 845s and EL-34 tubes.

So far my Jasmine LP2.5DU kl.A zero feedback is not going anywere, but I won´t conclude before I test it with the Decca But hey, the Croft Riaa R is a fantastic phono stage I will write some more when I have my London back...

Turntable 1: Technics SL1210M5G/ KAB PSU/ KAB Fluid Damper
    Turntable 2: Rega P3 (new) Tangospinner & dual belt/ Rega Neo
    Amplifier: Rega Elex-R
    RIAA: Rega Fono mk3 & Schiit Mani
    Speaker: Klipsch RP280f
    Cartridge: Rega Exact & Nagaoka MP-110

I'm Chris.

Just got my Lndon Decca Super Gold back from Divine Audio and also mr. John Wright. Connected it to the new Yamamoto ebony headshell (came in the mail today). VTF 1,9g and VTA/ azimuth spot on. Switched the power button on the Croft Riaa R. First thing I notice is that the Croft is very quiet!

Tracy Chapman (Crossroads) on top of the Oyaide MJ-12 and my new 750g record weight. Forst two tracks...ok. I know that the Decca need atleast one LP side to warm up. The Croft R was also started from cold. Some IGD, but that is my fault because I just had to have a quick listen on my day off

Next LP. Still Tracy Chapman, but now her debut album Revolution.

Wow! Now we're talking I can see how London Decca and Croft goes together!! Very dynamic. But I must do some fine tuning with the overhang.

Still not sure what the correct overhang should be with Jelco 750D. Overhang in mm, please...

Turntable 1: Technics SL1210M5G/ KAB PSU/ KAB Fluid Damper
    Turntable 2: Rega P3 (new) Tangospinner & dual belt/ Rega Neo
    Amplifier: Rega Elex-R
    RIAA: Rega Fono mk3 & Schiit Mani
    Speaker: Klipsch RP280f
    Cartridge: Rega Exact & Nagaoka MP-110

I'm Grant.

nice headshell the blackwood. not only sounds great but looks fab too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Should be a nice setup. Deccas always sound 'interesting' (nothing else quite like them), I've had a good few. I haven't used one for a while, but I reckon the Croft should have the right 'synergy'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Had my Croft RIAA for a month now and it sounds bloody lovely with the 2M Black, I'd highly recommend it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123