+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD Celestion hf 2000 tweeter

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by 09mike69 View Post
    thanks for the link, i thought about the seas but its more than i want to pay for a replacement id rather wait for a hf 2000, also one of the kind gents over on the wam has donated a hf 1000 for the price of post, ill use that til i can source an original. so what would you say would be a good/reasonable measurement on a used hf2000?.
    cheers, mike

The HF1000 I believe is quite different, still, it is working tweeter, better than a dead one!

As mentioned, think there are different impedance versions of HF2000. You would have to check, I can't remember!

A good DC resistance does not always imply a good HF2000, have a good read of that vintage radio forum link, some good advice there. Kat's one good HF2000 turned out to be duff as well!
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

yes i saw the diaphragms but i think it might be a bit tricky to fit one, well for me at least. ive seen a couple of the hf 2000 on there go for between 40 and 60, or i might get lucky and find some cheap b+o's that have them in. cheers, mike.
    People are getting wise to that, My friend just bought some B&O's with HF2000's. Effectively Ditton 66's with a smaller 10" bass unit.
    Spendorman

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    People are getting wise to that, My friend just bought some B&O's with HF2000's. Effectively Ditton 66's with a smaller 10" bass unit.
    were they expensive? the b+o's i mean.

I'm Alex.

were they expensive? the b+o's i mean.
    I think he paid about £160, you could check the completed listings for that model (forgot the number), on ebay. They had the Celestion dome mids in as well, they are expensive.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

The B&O 5700/5702 was a very nice speaker. I've heard them. They were made using drive units supplied by Celestion and are virtually a Ditton 66 with ten inch bass driver and ABR, the driver orientation differs from the vertical line up on the 66. They were actually rather more expensive than the bigger Celestion.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I think he paid about £160, you could check the completed listings for that model (forgot the number), on ebay. They had the Celestion dome mids in as well, they are expensive.
    i guess ill wait for a single hf2000. well, thanks for your input, and if you ever decide to part with one of yours could i get first refusal, cheers, mike

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The B&O 5700/5702 was a very nice speaker. I've heard them. They were made using drive units supplied by Celestion and are virtually a Ditton 66 with ten inch bass driver and ABR, the driver orientation differs from the vertical line up on the 66. They were actually rather more expensive than the bigger Celestion.

I think my friend said that the bass unit is a Philips, but again I can't fully recollect!
    Spendorman

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

nice looking speakers.

I'm Alan.

I'm Alan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast