+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It's not a remake AFAIK, it will be set after Prometheus 2.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    It's not a remake AFAIK, it will be set after Prometheus 2.
    Aaah, i see.. thats another matter then... The AVP movies wore it out for me I'm afraid, got the sense they were wringing out the rag of the franchise but I'd give that a fair viewing.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Gary.

Blomkamp had to "adjust" a few things after Promethius 2's story became apparent.
    Ridley Scott is the producer on Alien 5, so a bit of cross pollination going on there....
    Last edited by Gazjam; 12-05-2015 at 05:55.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes agree. Still think there's mileage in the new films though, if they are done right.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    I took that they were going to wipe us out to clear up the mess from their experiments, one of which had gone badly wrong and led to their own devastation. Note the dead bodies they found with the chests burst open and the ghost things running away....
    +1

I've been captivated by the alien movies since i saw the first one when i was far too young, watched it through a gap in the living room door when my parents thought I'd gone to bed. I was terrified but I couldnt tell them why as then they'd know I'd sneaked out of bed and I'd have been in double trouble
    I too saw it at a young and impressionable age, although my Dad actually let me watch it . He was on the crew and was one of his happier memories of the film game. In the loft there were a few boxes full of panels from the cockpit of the Nostromo (along with scripts, crew invitations, photographs, passes etc...) which were intended to be incorporated into my bedroom but never happened . Sadly they're all gone now, my Dad immigrated to New Zealand in 2002 and as he couldn't sell it took it with him, he died in 2010 and I have no idea where they ended up?

.... however by the time I got to my heavy metal teens the bedroom wall was covered in H.R. Giger pics... so much in fact that one of my girlfriends wouldn't go in there. Eventually realising the self defeating folly of this they were soon replaced with less terrifying stuff.
    Unlucky, I did the opposite, I met a girl studying art and in an effort to impress her covered the walls of my dorm with Giger prints, she saw through it but must have appreciated the effort .

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yes agree. Still think there's mileage in the new films though, if they are done right.
    +1, but I also enjoyed Resurrection so make of that what you will .
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm Andrew.

Fantastic series of films all round although I do think it could be said that the AvP stuff dilutes the thing a touch.
    May well be a generation thing as I was a young lad when Alien came out.

Btw. Anyone here see Sigourney Weaver as a sex symbol ever? Never did it for me.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Fantastic series of films all round although I do think it could be said that the AvP stuff dilutes the thing a touch.
    May well be a generation thing as I was a young lad when Alien came out.

Btw. Anyone here see Sigourney Weaver as a sex symbol ever? Never did it for me.
    She did it for me, especially when she was a bad girl in Ghostbusters...
    Getting on a bit now, still got it.

Tell you what, She has a lookalike from when she was young, Summer Glau?
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_Skidmore.jpg
    http://www.celebzz.com/wp-content/up...13-party_1.jpg
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...-1600-1200.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-axJO4mOkvR...au-Profile.jpg

Right, off for a cold shower...
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Andrew.

Whoa there! Summer Glau is Fit (note the capital F) and a whole bunch of other fine things. The Weaver is ok but that jaw man, it just ain't right.

Seem to be going off topic here into realms better suited to the folk in an American Indian accommodation named forum.

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    She did it for me, especially when she was a bad girl in Ghostbusters...
    Indeed! Loved the skin head in Alien 3 but, hot as a bad ass Ripley clone in Resurrection, but Galaxy Quest was her best moment
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm Gary.

Galaxy Quest. She does blonde good well does our Sig.
    Sorry for the digression Chaps...
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast