+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Get your reel 2 reel players out for the lads

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    The BBC Modded A77 vari-speed is in the system as it is the one I use the most at the moment. The PR99s are being kept for location recording.

This is what it looks like on the rack

Very nice set up Paul.

Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    Added Josie's (Black Adder) Studer A807 to my collection. Here she is sharing front of house with my Revox G36. Just waiting for more tapes to arrive now. Getting addictive

Very nice

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Very nice set up Paul.

Regards Neil
    Yes, very eye catching Paul; quality right through the system
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Lovely A77 Paul very nice indeed

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

Been updating my Studer A810, managed to get hold of a pair of VU meterpanels and a 4 speed controller which I have replaced th digital LED display and fader system.
    Not an easy job as there is a fair bit of wiring and an extra circuit board for the old LED and fader interface and it isnt obviouse where to plug in the new VU panels even with the manual but I think I have it sussed now and it still sounds fab and looks better with VUs IMO

IMG_2531 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

IMG_2538 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice job Alan, how does it compare to the Tascam?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

HI Ali,
    The Studer is the best sounding R2R I own, and is my pride and joy, that said the Tascam BR20 & Otari MX55 are still an excellent machine's and sound very good in their own right but the studer has the edge on overall sound quality, realism and slam it just doeas everything a little bit better, has a superb tape transport but has better proffessional build quality.
    I am still working on this machine when I have time, I have recapped all the electrolytics on the daughter boards, replacing all the Frako, Roe rodestine bakerlite and phillips caps with Nichicon muse and bipolar caps as applicable
    There is still the power supplies, Backplane, Stabilizer, display, capstan and reel motor boards to look at when I get time but it still sounds superb to me
    I also want to upgrade the 3 eprom chips from the 25/86 to the 25/91 version and change the memory back up battery at the same time. I have the parts but Im trying to get my head round the best method of doing that without loosing all of the calibation data which is stored on those chips. Its not the end of the world if you do loose it all as the basic electronic settings are in the manual you can write down all the actual calibration settings before you start it would just take a little time to reprogramme it all.
    These are pretty complicated machines (to me )with many dip switches and electronic calibration but I am enjoying the challenge of learning how to do it propperly.
    I may be leaning on Stewart's knowledge (lodge sound) in the future for advice on the best way to fully calibrate this machine for 2 tape types .

Alan

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Bringing it to NEBO perhaps?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

Ali
    I would love to but due to work commitments I will not be able to attend

Alan

I'm inthescottishmafia.

That's a shame, next time perhaps, like to hear this.

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516