+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

OK Alan. Cheers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

never got round to doing this. only been planning it for years
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Had a box delivered this afternoon.

This is silly. An amp costing less than forty quid shouldn't sound this good. It's punchy and very transparent and clean. I'll listen more before drawing proper conclusions though.

Will look for suitable rubber feet and check out the fan slowing mod.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

This is silly. An amp costing less than forty quid shouldn't sound this good. It's punchy and very transparent and clean. I'll listen more before drawing proper conclusions though.

thought you'd like it... I have mine sitting on a non slip rubber matting cut to size of amp. its cheap and seems to work ok.

Last edited by struth; 01-09-2019 at 10:29.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

On their way from China. More drivers!

6.5" full range units. Looks like a quarter wave horn system is the way to go this time round.

I'm Geoff.

I shall alter the cabinet design slightly to suit my needs.

This driver has a 51.4Hz resonance, but other drivers may be tried too, so a variable port may be included so I can tune the system resonance accordingly to hopefully fall in the driver roll-off region. This reduces bass humps and extends bottom end output.

If I can get away with say a 40Hz system resonance, there should be output below this, albeit rolling off.

I'm Grant.

big magnets on those geoff. good luck with it mate
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

Hi Geoff, are these Class D or A/B? I see that they can be got for around £100 for a pair......is that right? Are they monoblocks? Lastly....what do they sound like? Specs look good.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Hi Geoff, are these Class D or A/B? I see that they can be got for around £100 for a pair......is that right? Are they monoblocks? Lastly....what do they sound like? Specs look good.
    They are class AB pro gear, nicely made. They have a button on the back to switch to monoblock, speaker connection then across the two red terminals.
    They sound very good indeed, when Oli and I connected one up after listening to something very special it was surprising how good the sound was.
    I am using one as my daily driver at the moment, in stereo mode driving Quad ESL57's.

Try a lower offer if you fancy a pair, I know £80 has been accepted recently.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    They are class AB pro gear, nicely made. They have a button on the back to switch to monoblock, speaker connection then across the two red terminals.
    They sound very good indeed, when Oli and I connected one up after listening to something very special it was surprising how good the sound was.
    I am using one as my daily driver at the moment, in stereo mode driving Quad ESL57's.

Try a lower offer if you fancy a pair, I know £80 has been accepted recently.
    Thanks for that Alan. It is silly money so I am very tempted.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast