+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Tony.

Still going strong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Geoff.

They look in lovely nick for speakers approaching fifty years old.

I built something similar in the seventies.

I'm Geoff.

I bunged the little PL-12D/M75ED deck into the system last night. It makes music!

I sure as hell don't hear a grand's worth (or more) of difference between this and my regular turntable set-up.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I bunged the little PL-12D/M75ED deck into the system last night. It makes music!

I sure as hell don't hear a grand's worth (or more) of difference between this and my regular turntable set-up.

If you couldn't afford a Linn/Grace/Supex in the early '70s, the Pioneer PL12/Shure M75E was, according to all the hi-fi magazines around at the time, the next best thing to have.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

wins nothing in the pretty stakes but they do sound decent. rarely use my TT at moment again even tho its sounding great. finding deezer and my cd collection enough tbh
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I might push my luck and see if an ADC 10E Mk.IV will work in it with a light headshell. You never know.

I know MC's function well enough in a PL-12D when a beefy headshell is used.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They look in lovely nick for speakers approaching fifty years old.

I built something similar in the seventies.

They keep sounding better every time I upgrade another component, I thought I would probably upgrade them first but they're sounding so sweet with valve amplification.
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Geoff.

Well the vintage 14 x 9 EMI drive units arrived today. They are in great condition. I'd forgotten how big and heavy these are, very hefty, the package must have weighed thirty pounds. These are the longer throw version, just the job. The grey vinyl cone surrounds are unusual, they are usually black. Extended frequency range too 25Hz to around 7kHz if I recall.

Excuse the crap photo.

I'm Grant.

Big cast cages. Look nice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Gonna have to rig up some test boxes. Got quite a few speaker units to try out. I just want an idea of tonality and balance before thinking about crossovers etc. There were no TS parameters when the the vintage items I like were made. I'm thinking maybe 80 cubic litre sealed boxes for the EMI's.

Got some other units on way too.

+ Reply to Thread