+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Probably. After I've sold the monoblocks, I need the Tannoys to demo them.
    Blimey that will be sad....How come your selling off...?
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Geoff.

I had an unbranded (Breeze Audio) TPE3116 Class D mini amp sent from China recently. I'd been waiting for a suitable SMPS, ordered separately, which arrived this morning and the whole lot was rigged up for a try-out through the Cheviots. Bloody hell! This little thing sounds amazing!

I thought it might be decent on the strength of this bench test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WkVSr_Hn8

It's got a firm grip on the Tannoys and the sound quality is remarkable, it reminds me of the Monarchy Audio SM-70. It has a similar degree of clarity and transparency. Very lucid and punchy too. I can forgive it having only one input, I only use CD most of the time.

Well chuffed for something I just bought to play around with. Despite the tiny size, it's capable of putting out a max of around fifty watts.

The amp was £17.52 delivered and the power adaptor cost £7.96, I find it hard to believe this kind of sound and power can be bought so cheaply.

Mine is identical to the Breeze Audio badged one in the bench test, but carries no branding.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Blimey that will be sad....How come your selling off...?
    Too much gear and too much of it is BIG.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I had an unbranded (Breeze Audio) TPE3116 Class D mini amp sent from China recently. I'd been waiting for a suitable SMPS, ordered separately, which arrived this morning and the whole lot was rigged up for a try-out through the Cheviots. Bloody hell! This little thing sounds amazing!

I thought it might be decent on the strength of this bench test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WkVSr_Hn8

It's got a firm grip on the Tannoys and the sound quality is remarkable, it reminds me of the Monarchy Audio SM-70. It has a similar degree of clarity and transparency. Very lucid and punchy too. I can forgive it having only one input, I only use CD most of the time.

Well chuffed for something I just bought to play around with. Despite the tiny size, it's capable of putting out a max of around fifty watts.

The amp was £17.52 delivered and the power adaptor cost £7.96, I find it hard to believe this kind of sound and power can be bought so cheaply.

Mine is identical to the Breeze Audio badged one in the bench test, but carries no branding.
    is it one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Finished-...MAAOSwqfNXka2f

had it in my saved list
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Yup!

And this is the SMPS I also bought: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/96W-Unive...53.m2749.l2649

Comes with a shaver socket type mains plug on lead, so I used a regular kettle type. Works just fine. The voltage selection is none too accurate, I measured 19v at the min 12v setting, so I left it on that.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Looks virtually identical to my Amptastic Mini-T. I use it running into a pair of B&W DM2As for AV duties. Bought it a few years ago for about £50; more than you paid for yours.
    Barry

I'm Alan.

Just ordered a TPA3116 pcb for ............... £3.76, free p+p

I'm Geoff.

New toy just arrived. You don't see these very often. Sounding very good, bags of power too.

I'm Grant.

looks in great nick geoff. not seen that model
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    looks in great nick geoff. not seen that model
    I cheated. That's a stock photo, although mine is in identical condition.

I've only ever seen a couple of these for sale. It's the model between the 606 Mk.II and the 909 and was only on the market for about 18 months. I think many went for export.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast