+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 117 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

I suppose in principle, I should be looking for a 33 to go with the 303, but they don't really appeal so much.

Not heard the 5 series. Heard plenty of 405's and recently sold a 707, but find the 306 the sounds nicest to me.

Other will no doubt have their own opinions.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

That reminds me I should have added a 33 and 44 to the list.

I wouldn't bother with either - a passive should go well with the 303.
    Barry

I'm Chris.

Yes a passive, works very well with a 303, or 306

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Yes a passive, works very well with a 303, or 306
    I have several and active pre-amps.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

'Back in action!'

Me that is, not just the system. Following an unexpected and rather dramatic hiatus in proceedings.

I have recently obtained a selection of interesting vintage (pre 1970) speaker drivers which will be employed in a long planned project. I'll bung some photos up later.

The custom Tannoys I'd been working on are actually nearing completion and will be finished relatively soon (hopefully ).

I'm Andre.

I'm Geoff.

I'm Grant.

Good to see your contemplating more speakers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good to see your contemplating more speakers
    Got an amp or two to assemble as well.

I'm Geoff.

For the first time in half a lifetime, I am now Tannoyless.

My little Ruarks will tide me over for moment, but when I recover a bit more from my recent health glitch and feel fully able physically, I shall be building something interesting. I have already bought all the bits & pieces I'll need to get me started.

I've started working out a design for the new speakers and am hoping to order materials soon. These will not employ Tannoy drivers, but should have similarities tonally. I'll spill the beans as and when .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 117 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast