+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's the modest heat dissipation of the small heatsink in the amp that could be an issue.

See the benchtest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WkVSr_Hn8
    Not a problem under normal music conditions and an 8 Ohm load. My amp is in an even smaller case.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

could always try a laptop psu and see how it fares
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

There's a massive thing here about TPA3116.

I've read most of it over the years, fool!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/ind...ipaths.574806/
    Last edited by spendorman; 12-02-2019 at 14:53.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    could always try a laptop psu and see how it fares
    I've tried many, most work well.
    Spendorman

I'm Tony.

Currently using a NUC power adapter 19V 3.42A which seems ok with the MS400, they seem pretty efficient and rated around 30W max anyway.
    Will check it out after a prolonged session.
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Currently using a NUC power adapter 19V 3.42A which seems ok with the MS400, they seem pretty efficient and rated around 30W max anyway.
    Will check it out after a prolonged session.
    Should be fine, you should have more than enough output with those speakers in an average room.

I always check the output voltage of these supplies, just in case there's a rogue one that's out of spec.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I always check the output voltage of these supplies, just in case there's a rogue one that's out of spec.
    Yes. I do that too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

There is one point that is often overlooked, most TPA3116 have their output inductors optimised for a lowish impedance, say 4 Ohms. If one uses a higher impedance speaker, a very mild treble lift will occur. Even driving my clone 15 Ohm LS3/5a's it's hardly detectable.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

World's cheapest passive pre-amp just arrived. Bought for a bit of fun, sounds OK though. Way better than you'd expect actually!

Cost me a whole £3.14 delivered and only took a week and a half to arrive.

Link here if anybody is imterested.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Home-...53.m2749.l2649
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Well it's here and sounding awesome! The L Pass2 pre-amp. Love the button controlled inputs and gain level x3.

This should be a great match to the Quad power amps as they have varying input sensitivities. I reckon this could be the only one in the UK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast