+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread: Whatever Next?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not had clipping driving the Tannoys and I've had it up loud. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough?
    Your big Tannoys a bit more sensitive though. And they're Tannoys! I've only got 90db. And a bigger room to drive. But it was clipping at levels beyond what I'd usually listen at. No problem with that given the price and that it doesn't make any claims to be a powerhouse. There is that sort of soft sheen over everything though. A bit like you get with SACD. If you like the character of SACD/DSD you'd like this amp.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Geoff.

91db my Tannoys.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Martin.

Pretty much no difference there then. But I heard it clipping when I was listening to 'Silk Degrees'. Not catastrophically but it was there on the peaks, so I had to back volume off a bit. That's a good album for showing up issues. Something about his vocals. It was still at a good volume level after I backed it off though and after that no problem.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Geoff.

As I finished building my passive pre-amp recently, I thought I'd also make something to go with it, so this compact amplifier case is on the way.

It's not as big as it looks in the picture. The front panel is nine inches across.

I've ordered some TPA3116 bits that will be going in it!
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Geoff.

That was quick!

The amplifier case just arrived. Six days from China.

I'll unpack and assemble it later for evaluation.

I just need to wait for the rest of the components to get here.

I'm Geoff.

Not impressed with the quality of the amplifier case received the other day. The front panel has a defective surface grind finish. Seller has agreed to send a replacement panel from China. We'll see how that works out. I like the case and can always get the front panel powder coated if need be, more aggro though.

I'm Alan.

That's not good is it? Makes me wonder if anyone has a proper look at these before they are sent out.

My experience is no Chinese case is 100% perfect, always a tiny ding, offset hole or blemish in the finish for instance.

I'm Grant.

you need to stand over them with a big banner saying quality control apparently ... they can produce great stuff but its not in their vocab, this QC
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586