+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not had clipping driving the Tannoys and I've had it up loud. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough?
    Your big Tannoys a bit more sensitive though. And they're Tannoys! I've only got 90db. And a bigger room to drive. But it was clipping at levels beyond what I'd usually listen at. No problem with that given the price and that it doesn't make any claims to be a powerhouse. There is that sort of soft sheen over everything though. A bit like you get with SACD. If you like the character of SACD/DSD you'd like this amp.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

91db my Tannoys.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Pretty much no difference there then. But I heard it clipping when I was listening to 'Silk Degrees'. Not catastrophically but it was there on the peaks, so I had to back volume off a bit. That's a good album for showing up issues. Something about his vocals. It was still at a good volume level after I backed it off though and after that no problem.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

As I finished building my passive pre-amp recently, I thought I'd also make something to go with it, so this compact amplifier case is on the way.

It's not as big as it looks in the picture. The front panel is nine inches across.

I've ordered some TPA3116 bits that will be going in it!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

That was quick!

The amplifier case just arrived. Six days from China.

I'll unpack and assemble it later for evaluation.

I just need to wait for the rest of the components to get here.

I'm Geoff.

Not impressed with the quality of the amplifier case received the other day. The front panel has a defective surface grind finish. Seller has agreed to send a replacement panel from China. We'll see how that works out. I like the case and can always get the front panel powder coated if need be, more aggro though.

I'm Alan.

That's not good is it? Makes me wonder if anyone has a proper look at these before they are sent out.

My experience is no Chinese case is 100% perfect, always a tiny ding, offset hole or blemish in the finish for instance.

I'm Grant.

you need to stand over them with a big banner saying quality control apparently ... they can produce great stuff but its not in their vocab, this QC
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Looks like it's goodbye to these. Just been sold on ebay. Had them since 2013. They sound fabulous, among the very top sounding Tannoys I've ever heard and that's all the classics near enough.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not impressed with the quality of the amplifier case received the other day. The front panel has a defective surface grind finish. Seller has agreed to send a replacement panel from China. We'll see how that works out. I like the case and can always get the front panel powder coated if need be, more aggro though.

Can you not reverse the panel - or is the satin finish on one face only?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast